ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trickray Moto Board by D&L circa 1970

got this board off of ebay a couple years ago for about $30. 10 minutes after i received it in the mail, i jumped right on, went down the driveway and started carving hard and one of the wheels just crumbled.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Silverfish Supporting Vendor Concrete Kahuna GriffinSk8's Avatar
    La Jolla, PB ,SD, La Costa, Poway ,Julian
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Trickray Moto Board by D&L circa 1970

That is what happens to a skateboard that is 30 years old. The urethane is hard and unskateable plus not safe at all. That was a $30 mistake.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Trickray Moto Board by D&L circa 1970

wrong, not 1970! more like late '75/early '76.

Anyway, take the trickray trackers off of it. add a better condition smaller wide wheel (side set bearing). use the inline skates bearing spacer that has the misalignment collar for the smaller roller skate axle. Revamp the rubbers in the trucks and go hit it. If the board is still in good shape and is not brittle and hard, you will be able to have a nice little cruiser.

wheels to look at 56mm cadillacs, possibly tunnel rock reissues (but likely a tad too tall), or jsut some ebay find old style wheels. I got some Tunnel "Holland" (like a 55mm rock) that are super nice wheels they are basically a 2x2 wheel. I ride them on a 28x6 flat with chicago trucks.

On the trickray stuff, I ran some trickray trackers on my speed skates in 76. nice grippy wheels. they were a tad small, even though they were good urethane (at the time) for street riding on skateboards. The trickray trackers were teenie. They were not foggy looking like your versions. They were nice amber clear when brand new.
    Last edited by rawls; 04-09-2010 at 07:40 AM.
    My comments represent a selfishly one sided 1970's skateboarder mindset, and do not reflect the current fashion-skate-lifestyle industry's views.

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS