ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Late 90s Gravity board. Can someone help me identify this oddity? (Pics)

Hello Silverfish community. I got this board from Craigslist to replace my old Cloud 9, but I haven't been able to find a single bit of info about it on the net. Its a bit weird. Its flat like a mini or hyper carve, stiff like a rock, 9 ply, is wedged with risers at both ends, and has super-g wheels on it. Cant tell what kind of trucks it has. Its only 40 inches though, and the shape doesn't seem to be exactly the same as the new carve series boards.

So anyway, I was hoping perhaps some of you folks would know what board this is, what kind of hardware is on it, and if the components are any good. Also, If you have any recommendations on a setup, I'd love to hear them. Thanks guys.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Late 90s Gravity board. Can someone help me identify this oddity? (Pics)

Looks like the Carve 39" to me...
    GRAVITY SKATEBOARDS | CARVE 39

The trucks are probably the stock Tracker darts (149mm). They work great, especially with the wedge risers you've got, but some people don't like the feel of them. The bushings also look stock - change those, if anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Late 90s Gravity board. Can someone help me identify this oddity? (Pics)

That would be Gravitys evolution of the mini carve for the parks. It is pre Carve 39 so you have a great board that is no longer around. Change the wheels, bearings and bushings and you are ready to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]http://www.pnlprecisiontruckco.com/ Online shop for PNL Precision Trucks.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pretty...57827124251691 Follow Pretty Noise Lab Skate Factory on Facebook

http://prettynoiselab.tumblr.com Pretty Noise Lab Skate Factory blog

http://www.reddit.com/r/longboarding...ctory_want_to/ Pretty Noise Lab Skate Factory Reddit

"To live on the land, one must learn from the sea."
    Jacque Cousteau

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prettynoiselab View Post
    That would be Gravitys evolution of the mini carve for the parks. It is pre Carve 39 so you have a great board that is no longer around. Change the wheels, bearings and bushings and you are ready to go.
    Siiiick. I was hoping it was something unique. It seems as if it was almost never ridden. I probably put more wear on the thing in one day yesterday, than in the other 12 years of its career. Frankly, I think its great. Its a total change of pace from my board of 5 plus years (Cloud 9).

I'm not that well versed in parts yet. I figured it needed wheels bearings and bushings (the Super G wheels seem like they suck in some mysterious way I can't describe.), but I don't know what exactly I should get for it. I'd like to set it up for mild downhill and what I guess is called "freeride".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rad! The only other living example of that board I've seen is hanging up in the office at Gravity HQ. Cool find!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id hang that one up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I'll give you like a 20 spot for it

seriously, nice find. already retro
    Gravity Bruce Logan 36
    Earthwing Supercharger
    Carver Fort Knox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it really that rare that I shouldn't be riding it? Caaaauuuuse I've sure as hell been riding it. Oh man, I'm so stoked on this board right now. I seriously can't believe its such a find. Not to make you folks jealous or anything, (and its extra funny considering the "I'll give you $20 for it" comment) but I snagged this thing for $40 from a chick in Brooklyn who won it in some contest back in '98.

Keep the info coming guys, this is totally rad. And thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So after posting this here and reading your responses, I decided why not email someone over at Gravity and see if maybe they'd help me out. Well, they totally did! Their sales manager was kind enough to identify the thing for me and give me some cool info, which I figured I'd share with you guys:

"Yeah, this was our 1st version of a park board before we started making pressed maple concave decks. It is definitely OG and although it was not a limited edition deck, we did not do more than a few hundred of them. The Tracker trucks are pretty cool too! Tracker B2's, one of their best trucks they no longer make. The artwork was done by an exceptionally talented artist we used to work with named Ron Lemon. I am sure you can find some stuff on him on the internet. And the graphic is the old school screen print process. Everything is now done in the higher resolution quality called heat transfer. So there ya go, hold on to that bad boy!"

Pretty cool man.... Pretty damn cool....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats so badass dude...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might want to give Gravity a call. I found an old v-lam deck at the swapmeet. I called Gravity and they told me about what trucks and wheel I need to set it up. They were very helpful.
    "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man" - Jebediah Springfield

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were you, I would stop riding that thing. It'll soon be a relic. Pick up something new for $40 off craigslist, but with you're luck, it'll probably be something amazing with stroker trucks and unused original Kryptonic wheels. Haha, good luck. (AND GET SOME INSURANCE)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeepaTime View Post
    your name is kyjelly. your argument is invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by beestoney View Post
    BUY OJOOMS or a poor helpless kitten somewhere will die!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 180mm View Post
    lets just say dont do it and end the thread. K?
    Soft wheel sliding is like having an orgasm without having to clean up the mess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, what slane said. hang it, and get a cheapo to beat up or save up and just get a 39 to replace it
    B A T T L E
    A X E
    W A R R I O R

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS