ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vintage Blizzard Decks

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone out there has seen wooden Blizzard decks before (top pics). I have seen the Slalom boards before (bottom pics). Just curious as there is not alot of information out there on Blizzard decks. Just picked these up today.

Thanks!!

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vintage Blizzard Decks

Hey man-where are you located? And exactly what Blizzard Models do you own?
    Blizzard made a FreeStyle Deck with Kicktail in 1976 and a egg shaped Slalom deck both in 1976 and then they made the Fiberglass Sandwich FreeStyle and Slalom Models (which is the orange [they call it pink] black and white model you have pictured) in 1977/78.
    Could you let me know where you found these wooden Blizzard Decks? The only thing I know about them is that the stickers are real. A fellow skateboard friend sent me a picture of a Blizzard Sticker just like these that he had and sold a while back.
    Anyway-let me know where you are from and where you found these.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi blizzardboy,

According to the person I got them from, they are from a shop in NYC that closed down in the late 70's. I have one each of the decks in the pics. The boards were shipped from Vermont. When first looking at pics of the deck above, I wondered if that was a sticker or was actually screened on the wood. I will get the deck tomorrow and will report back. To be honest, I was hesitant to buy the deck at first as I could not find ANY information on it. I have seen several of the fiberglass ones, and as it was really clean in the pics, got that one as well. The wooden deck looks almost like an early G&S or something with a sticker... lol

Let me know if have any information about the wood deck. I would really appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi blizzardboy,

I neglected to say I am in VA. I got the deck today. Stickers. Does your buddy no who he sold them to? Someone in New York or Vermont maybe? lol.

The super slalom is in pretty good condition. A few scratches but nothing major. Nice for display.

Thanks for your earlier comments.
    Last edited by zrxman; 11-08-2010 at 10:30 AM.

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS