ADVERTISEMENT

Page 229 of 540 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,580 of 10783

Thread: Abec 11 Updates

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Abec 11 Updates

Quote Originally Posted by enemy combatant View Post
    duhh evrtone knows that when your wheels and shoes match you get a grip bonus
    Quote Originally Posted by RodRod View Post
    nicknamed the kebbek "toby" right?
    Purple the Speed of Hustle. Team Broce. NOFuture skateboards. BangTown Media. Gullwing truck co.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
    you mean baseplates with different angles? cause I think he already does.................
    Ok, when you set up a board with 3 wheels you often need to wedge the outside truck abit more because the turning circle of the inside truck is going to be tighter, its only a few degrees or something but its enough so that everything turns the same instead of the inside truck turning more because it has a shorter WB effectivly. I dont have the paitence to work out all the angles etc that are involved with doing this but like the idea of double the rebound and grip on the back of my board and would love to try it, i was hopeing mr Chapult would be making plates that are litterly two plates joined together and spaced enough so that you can run 80mm- wheels and have that slight wedge difference on the inside truck so that you dont have to fiddle around with all that stuff to get it to work right, you can just pull it out of the box, add another couple of holes to your deck and hey presto a 6 wheeler that works

Mad Scientist I Support The Fish
    Addicted Cruiser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Re: Abec 11 Updates

Quote Originally Posted by meanis View Post
    Ok, when you set up a board with 3 wheels you often need to wedge the outside truck abit more because the turning circle of the inside truck is going to be tighter, its only a few degrees or something but its enough so that everything turns the same instead of the inside truck turning more because it has a shorter WB effectivly. I dont have the paitence to work out all the angles etc that are involved with doing this but like the idea of double the rebound and grip on the back of my board and would love to try it, i was hopeing mr Chapult would be making plates that are litterly two plates joined together and spaced enough so that you can run 80mm- wheels and have that slight wedge difference on the inside truck so that you dont have to fiddle around with all that stuff to get it to work right, you can just pull it out of the box, add another couple of holes to your deck and hey presto a 6 wheeler that works
    I haven't really given any of this stuff much thought

Double Fyre baseplates with the proper preset angles and spacing for 83mm Centrax on 184mm Hangers would be a phenomenal setup for any high-speed racing setup that requires tons of traction and control. If you had double fronts and double backs on a streetluge you would be the man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mind has just exploded with awesomeness.
    I like to chew on bushings.

I don't chew on bushings anymore.

I <3 my mom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChubzyWubzy View Post
    My mind has just exploded with awesomeness.
    poof

10poofs
    Selling Winged Munkaes PM ME
    FOR 375 I WILL MAKE IT A COMPLETE WITH YOUR CHOICE OF ABEC WHEELS AND DECK

Stay Greasy----Stick to your Roots
    SOCAL SKATESHOP
    Jet Skateboards
    Abec11
    Holesom
    Wavesource

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChaput View Post
    I haven't really given any of this stuff much thought

Double Fyre baseplates with the proper preset angles and spacing for 83mm Centrax on 184mm Hangers would be a phenomenal setup for any high-speed racing setup that requires tons of traction and control. If you had double fronts and double backs on a streetluge you would be the man.

now we are talking, though i dont think you would need new plates depending on the hangers? because ultimatly your just dealing with the space between the wheels, if i was spacing for 83mm centrax i would be safe and make sure you space it for 85mm wheels, You would only need one design of plates for the front and back as the inside part of the plate will always be the inside, I dont know how much work there would be in doing this but i doubt there would be alot. Build it and we will ride it Chris. I know you love abit of Luge and like riding 6 wheelers yourself

Banned Order of the 'Fish enemy combatant's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: Abec 11 Updates

I
    Double Fyre baseplates with the proper preset angles and spacing for 83mm Centrax on 184mm Hangers
    Awesome innovation is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wondering, what's the advantage of double trucks?
    Stay thirsty.

@DoctorPhillian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alien View Post
    Grip
    10gripyness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you would get alot more grip because i heard of some people that do slalom use 3 trucks, 2 in the back to help the grip in teh back
    Stay alert and you won't get hurt

Orchestrating the Magic Capo di Tutti Posto Bookworm's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cuzz467 View Post
    Grip
    10gripyness.
    Quote Originally Posted by cam506619 View Post
    i think you would get alot more grip because i heard of some people that do slalom use 3 trucks, 2 in the back to help the grip in teh back
    the obvious answer was blatantly obvious.
    MagicSkateCo.
    www.ShredMagic.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Down & Dirty View Post
    When I die, I want to be buried in this thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the obvious answer was blatantly obvious.
    ha im gonna use munkaes on teh from and sabres in the back of mine!
    Selling Winged Munkaes PM ME
    FOR 375 I WILL MAKE IT A COMPLETE WITH YOUR CHOICE OF ABEC WHEELS AND DECK

Stay Greasy----Stick to your Roots
    SOCAL SKATESHOP
    Jet Skateboards
    Abec11
    Holesom
    Wavesource

Concrete Kahuna Squirrlyismyname's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgoth View Post
    duhh evrtone knows that when your wheels and shoes match you get a grip bonus
    you know.. grip as in your shoes will stick to your deck better. kinda like vicous griptape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Girdnera View Post
    ... I would like to know which set specifically does what and what to tweak about them. Do what you do best!

Quote Originally Posted by sc504 View Post
    You have the trucks... experiment and see what YOU like not everone on the fish. Stop wasting time and skate em.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GravityMagnet View Post
    ha im gonna use munkaes on teh from and sabres in the back of mine!
    i tried something like that before with a radikal 50 in front and a paris 50 in back. its a strange ride/drift/slide but a fun **** around deal.
    TINKERING WITH YOUR SETUP IS HALF THE FUN OF BOARDING.

"If you are 'faking the funk', you are inherently NOT BONZING" - Big Dave and Austin of the Sunset Sliders and California Bonzing Co.

Orchestrating the Magic Capo di Tutti Posto Bookworm's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snozzboarder55 View Post
    i tried something like that before with a radikal 50 in front and a paris 50 in back. its a strange ride/drift/slide but a fun **** around deal.
    dude devon you ride the weirdest ****.

is the queenpin truck running again?
    MagicSkateCo.
    www.ShredMagic.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Down & Dirty View Post
    When I die, I want to be buried in this thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude devon you ride the weirdest ****.

is the queenpin truck running again?
    i tried it for sh!ts and giggles. have you ever seen me seriously run a RKP ruck? i think the only one i use is the splitfire on my ldp/garage deck. i did take out my paris 50s again and slapped em on my s9 with the same wheelbase as simba. definitely felt more stable for speed carving, but it was too different than my beloved indys for sliding/drifting/stopping. not the biggest fan of RKPs but i haven't completely sworn em off.

as for the dual pin, no its still out of commission. mostly because i didnt see the point in putting too much time into this one, i'd rather just remake a better one. protos are made once then the next part that made is better.

im interested in the fyre's just because of how they feel. you feel a real fluid compression through the turn/lean instead of the bushing fighting back as you lean/turn deeper. unlike anything i have ever felt, and that was on the 2 pin truck i made. i can only imagine chaputs is infintely better... so please come out with the fyres in a 115-129mm range. pretty please with bushings on top?

to keep it relevent, i've fallen back in love with my 66 lemon zigs. started straying away from the reflex thane when i started sliding but the 83a is buttery and smooth (just like everyone has been saying forever). i've gone through enough otangs too quickly to not appreciate the wear pattern and durability of this thane.
    TINKERING WITH YOUR SETUP IS HALF THE FUN OF BOARDING.

"If you are 'faking the funk', you are inherently NOT BONZING" - Big Dave and Austin of the Sunset Sliders and California Bonzing Co.

Addicted Cruiser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's NOT obvious about the use of double trucks in the front is that it makes a board or luge very stable at speed and in turns. Rather than having one truck with two bushings that you have to tighten up a lot, running two trucks requires a lot more input from the rider to negociate the same turn. It's harder to get dual setups to wobble. The front steers with stability and the back tracks nicely.

What's also NOT obvious about the use of double trucks in the front is that the load of the rider is distributed onto 6 wheels and this is a good thing. Imagine that someone says that "you'll go faster if you reduce rolling resistance" and that wheels are perceived as creating this "bad" form of resistance. The solution would be to use fewer and narrower wheels. But high rebound urethane LOVES asphalt like a sand buggy LOVES baloon tires. If you put an inline roller skate wheel on each corner of a skateboard, that board is dog slow and can't corner worth a damn. If you put four 77mm Centrax on, it hauls ass. If you put SIX 83mm Centrax on, it can go even faster. But here's the kicker:

*** A BOARD WITH SIX 83MM CENTRAX WHEELS WILL OUTROLL A BOARD WITH FOUR 77MM CENTRAX ON IT FROM A STANDSTILL ***

That's right. The one with more and bigger wheels rolls up to speed faster. We've done the side by side comparisons. The 6 wheeler pulls away from the 4 wheeler. Little wheels simply don't spin up faster as many would suspect. Forget about all that "moment of inertia" stuff you learned in physics. Think of what would work on a grassy hill for going straight - a board with inlines or a board with Centrax?

It may be obvious that there is more traction coming from setups with more wheels, but it's the counterintuitive discoveries about stability and speed that make double setups so appealing to me. The increase costs and complexity are enough to push many skaters away and so not many people have really pushed for more technology in this area. As someone who wants to get in the mix with other skaters while filming videos, I like the idea of having a big stable platform that tracks and corners well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id just like to say that this past page of information has absolutely blown my mind and gotten me so stoked on abec 11.

Concrete Kahuna Squirrlyismyname's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's NOT obvious about the use of double trucks in the front is that it makes a board or luge very stable at speed and in turns. Rather than having one truck with two bushings that you have to tighten up a lot, running two trucks requires a lot more input from the rider to negociate the same turn. It's harder to get dual setups to wobble. The front steers with stability and the back tracks nicely.

What's also NOT obvious about the use of double trucks in the front is that the load of the rider is distributed onto 6 wheels and this is a good thing. Imagine that someone says that "you'll go faster if you reduce rolling resistance" and that wheels are perceived as creating this "bad" form of resistance. The solution would be to use fewer and narrower wheels. But high rebound urethane LOVES asphalt like a sand buggy LOVES baloon tires. If you put an inline roller skate wheel on each corner of a skateboard, that board is dog slow and can't corner worth a damn. If you put four 77mm Centrax on, it hauls ass. If you put SIX 83mm Centrax on, it can go even faster. But here's the kicker:

*** A BOARD WITH SIX 83MM CENTRAX WHEELS WILL OUTROLL A BOARD WITH FOUR 77MM CENTRAX ON IT FROM A STANDSTILL ***

That's right. The one with more and bigger wheels rolls up to speed faster. We've done the side by side comparisons. The 6 wheeler pulls away from the 4 wheeler. Little wheels simply don't spin up faster as many would suspect. Forget about all that "moment of inertia" stuff you learned in physics. Think of what would work on a grassy hill for going straight - a board with inlines or a board with Centrax?

It may be obvious that there is more traction coming from setups with more wheels, but it's the counterintuitive discoveries about stability and speed that make double setups so appealing to me. The increase costs and complexity are enough to push many skaters away and so not many people have really pushed for more technology in this area. As someone who wants to get in the mix with other skaters while filming videos, I like the idea of having a big stable platform that tracks and corners well.
    Now.. what about 107mm, reflex, untrimmed Electrflies??
    Quote Originally Posted by Girdnera View Post
    ... I would like to know which set specifically does what and what to tweak about them. Do what you do best!

Quote Originally Posted by sc504 View Post
    You have the trucks... experiment and see what YOU like not everone on the fish. Stop wasting time and skate em.

Addicted Cruiser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Id just like to say that this past page of information has absolutely blown my mind and gotten me so stoked on abec 11.
    Cool. Once we get you stoked, we plan on keeping you stoked. Welcome aboard!

Page 229 of 540 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS