ADVERTISEMENT

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Community Designed Deck, vote for what you like, them I'll show you how to make it!

Quote Originally Posted by Goeller View Post
    I don't want to point out the obvious … but that wasn't really the idea when I passed it on.
    If you've only been able to ride it twice in 2 months … then maybe it's time to let it go.
    The whole idea of a community deck either lives on or dies with you at this point.
    You do what you do ~ but karma be karma if you keep the deck. Such is the life of accepting a community deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by free ride luccaD View Post
    I'm sorry. I've failed this prodject then. It will be sent onward and this won't die but it will be a while becasue I do want to ride it. I undersand he importance of ths to you guys and I'm not trying to screw this up. I'm cursed anyway let the karma put the nail in the coffin.
    Well that got negative quick. One word: chill. Explanation: Lucca never said he wanted to keep the deck forever, just until he got to really ride it. (Personally I think everyone who receives it should rip it like crazy!) I think you are missing the point Goeller, if DuraBoards had wanted it to be a product development session I don't think he would have been so open about sending the deck to strangers, I'm pretty sure this was intended to make something new see what his peers thought of it and share something that is the reason we are here: life on a deck. (Dura please correct me if I'm wrong)

I say what is really important here is that Dura gave something awesome to the community and that the community shares it the same way we share the love of skateboarding/longboarding. No time limits. No dress codes. And for gods sake no negativity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jmr13dude; 06-02-2016 at 07:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusMoceri View Post
    And trust me aerodynamics isn't a big deal at all for me, it's more surviving that is the issue.

Ride Hard, Skate Safe, Have fun.

Don't skate down anything you haven't walked up.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Addicted Cruiser free ride luccaD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Community Designed Deck, vote for what you like, them I'll show you how to make i

^^ Much appreciated. Thanks. I'm recovering from a nasty ankle break and don't want to get hurt again. Which is WHY I haven't ridden. Just making sure that was clear. Matt expressed to me that even having 2 people on the deck was a great achivement. He's stoked with that. It was never in the rule book that we HAD to keep passing it but I agree it should live on and it will.
    There is so much info out there … is google broke? If you can't figure out how to search google … then stick to practicing your skating. Ask people to do the research for you or simply tell you the answer … isn't going to win you points … and certainly would get you fired from many jobs. Man up … and quit assuming this is a problem of people just not helping you. Many folks have … needlessly … out of niceness. However, that doesn't mean you shouldn't do your own homework.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Community Designed Deck, vote for what you like, them I'll show you how to make i

I have no dog in this fight and I'm not on the list and not requesting to be added but I only think it is fair to send the board on to others who can use it while you rehabilitate your ankle. Then, when you are healed you should have the deck sent back to you at a time when you can ride it with confidence. What is the harm of having another use it and enjoy it when its only sitting in your house collecting dust? I haven't read the 24 pages of history which lead to comments and sentiments expressed recently but why not stoke it forward until such time as the stoke can be returned to you? Just my $0.02 and worth exactly what you paid for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRoc View Post
    I have no dog in this fight and I'm not on the list and not requesting to be added but I only think it is fair to send the board on to others who can use it while you rehabilitate your ankle. Then, when you are healed you should have the deck sent back to you at a time when you can ride it with confidence. What is the harm of having another use it and enjoy it when its only sitting in your house collecting dust? I haven't read the 24 pages of history which lead to comments and sentiments expressed recently but why not stoke it forward until such time as the stoke can be returned to you? Just my $0.02 and worth exactly what you paid for it.
    Thanks, I will take it under advisement. I may be cleared to skate as soon as next week. I'll hold on to it until my next appointment Friday of next week. I'll make a decision then.
    There is so much info out there … is google broke? If you can't figure out how to search google … then stick to practicing your skating. Ask people to do the research for you or simply tell you the answer … isn't going to win you points … and certainly would get you fired from many jobs. Man up … and quit assuming this is a problem of people just not helping you. Many folks have … needlessly … out of niceness. However, that doesn't mean you shouldn't do your own homework.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was never in the rule book that we HAD to keep passing it...
    Nobody is mad or trying to be negative but the plan was clearly made....
    We've heard a billion words about Building and Beginnings. My biggest interest now is Dismantle and Diminish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dhofmann View Post
    Nobody is mad or trying to be negative but the plan was clearly made....
    It WILL get there just a little longer than expected. I do WANT to pass it along but I also want to spend a good amount of time on it. No one gave me cut off date on when it had to be passed on. I'm sure you can handle that. I meant no disrespect to the project. I'm sorry for the delay. If Matt asks for other action I'll follow his directions. There is no beef between anyone on this thread in my eyes.
    Last edited by free ride luccaD; 06-02-2016 at 11:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It WILL get there just a little longer than expected. I do WANT to pass it along but I also want to spend a good amount of time on it. No one gave me cut off date on when it had to be passed on. I'm sure you can handle that. I meant no disrespect to the project. I'm sorry for the delay. If Matt asks for other action I'll follow his directions. There is no beef between anyone on this thread in my eyes.
    Just to be extra clear ~ it wasn't decided by Matt … it's not even his choice at this point. It's each individual's choice. I could have kept it … but I like sharing. And I passed it on in a reasonable time … because that's proper.
    The idea that you "will" get to it … that's the **** that kids say … and then never actually do it. It's a stalling tactic to get ones way. Manipulation. I'm not mad … life will take care of that for me.
    Honestly, just my thoughts … 2-3 months is more than enough time with the deck. Plus- when I sent it to you - I even offered to pay for the next shipment to the next person.

You also told me then (2 months ago) that you should be able to skate in a couple weeks. You can't skate it? Then pass it.

Sent from my iPhone using Silverfish Longboarding

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm terribly sorry for jumping in late in this conversation. My goal was to make what the community wanted and give it to ONE person. That was it. It was an exercise in working together nothing more. At this time that is dissolving and for the wrong reasons. Lets try to get it back on track.

What you guys did with it has humbled me a lot. @Goeller was not under any obligation to pass it on and I expected the board to stay with him. I was surprised and happy he sent it off. And it was a gift from him just as it was a gift from me. Two people receiving the board was twice what I expected.

Goeller is right. It is not up to me anymore. Whoever has it makes the decision to keep it or pass it. But whatever you do please don't PAWN it.

For the rest of us, as adults we should not force our wants on others without good reason (for the betterment of others). Lots of you want your shot on the deck I know. But that is for the betterment of you and hardly a good reason to be upset with anyone if it doesn't happen. Agreements or not. If Lucca passes it on it should be considered a gift, NOT an expectation. If it stays with him it should not be though of as a breach in contract. We can handle that. I already have and I recommend anyone ells to do the same. Then we can move on to what was learned and how improvements can be made. As a community and as riders/designers. I want to do this every year and in order for me to commit to that this project needs to end on a good note.

Final thoughts. It is a logistical nightmare to get everyone to ride the board. And that's why I sent it to one person. IF you have the expectation of riding it I strongly recommend letting go of that expectation peacefully with yourself RightNow. If you want others to ride it, I would also let go of that expectation. Be happy and surprised if the silverfish makes it to anyone ells. No ones feelings are hurt as of yet and continuing in this type of conversation will only lead to pain and frustration. I highly recommend ending the talk right here on my post. Lucca will silently decide what to do and we will find out in do time. And what ever the outcome it should not be taken offensively or negatively. Only take it for face value and look towards tomorrow.

Best Matt
    http://www.duraboards.com/#aluminum-longboard/intro
    Endless Rides

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review Time

I've ridden this deck a lot. It's been a fun privilege to ride such an amazing design. This deck is a piece of work that goes beyond just a functional skateboard.

This was my first time riding something aluminium. On face value, it is solid and hefty. Stouter than any other deck I own significantly. The weight is a thing to take into account if you are walking up hills with it. In a shuttle car, it is not as big of a deal. The craftsmanship is good. Concave is a touch aggressive but I might just have large feet. I would be interested in what other concave options can be crafted with aluminium. Riding downhill is a joy as the deck's weight helps it maintain lots of speed despite being sluggish off the line. I felt very locked in and comfortable on the platform. It was maneuverable and I and no issue with slides. It was ridden with Venom Cannibals and SurfRodz which I really like. The deck has tons of wheel clearance which is a huge plus. It gets plenty of odd looks from other skaters who are concerned with ankle bite and being hit by it should the rider fall off. Despite the weight, I have nothing else negative to say. I've greatly enjoyed the ride and being part of this project.

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review Time

I've ridden this deck a lot. It's been a fun privilege to ride such an amazing design. This deck is a piece of work that goes beyond just a functional skateboard.

This was my first time riding something aluminium. On face value, it is solid and hefty. Stouter than any other deck I own significantly. The weight is a thing to take into account if you are walking up hills with it. In a shuttle car, it is not as big of a deal. The craftsmanship is good. Concave is a touch aggressive but I might just have large feet. I would be interested in what other concave options can be crafted with aluminium. Riding downhill is a joy as the deck's weight helps it maintain lots of speed despite being sluggish off the line. I felt very locked in and comfortable on the platform. It was maneuverable and I and no issue with slides. It was ridden with Venom Cannibals and SurfRodz which I really like. The deck has tons of wheel clearance which is a huge plus. It gets plenty of odd looks from other skaters who are concerned with ankle bite and being hit by it should the rider fall off. Despite the weight, I have nothing else negative to say. I've greatly enjoyed the ride and being part of this project.

Thank you!
    Thanks for the review! On the concave, I fully agree it was too steep. I can make any amount of concave and I think 1/4-3/8 rise is where I would be happy. The weight has been an unfortunate side effect of high load capacity. Something is in the works right now about that . Ankle bite is a b**ch..... Not sure if anything can be done about that. maybe some other members will have some thoughts???? All good stuff.
    Best Matt
    Endless Rides

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DuraBoards View Post
    Thanks for the review! On the concave, I fully agree it was too steep. I can make any amount of concave and I think 1/4-3/8 rise is where I would be happy. The weight has been an unfortunate side effect of high load capacity. Something is in the works right now about that . Ankle bite is a b**ch..... Not sure if anything can be done about that. maybe some other members will have some thoughts???? All good stuff.
    Best Matt
    Dang sounds like a dream. Thank you for taking feedback so well. Those improvements seem wonderful. As for the ankle bite, it is only a deal if you are doing tricks or if you crash and your board goes out from under you. Not huge. A not so cheap solution would be something similar like the urethane rails Moonshine does. Some sort of rubber or plastic coating would do the trick I think. Not a big deal at all. The board rides really well and functions perfectly. These are all minor construction improvements.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a man of science and peer review is the final step of the scientific method. You have to be comfortable with others criticisms if you want to be a good scientist . I like the molded plastic idea..... I have some thoughts already. I'm happy that it rides well for you. So far Goeller and myself thought it was too high of a ride and your vote is its fine. Or that's the impression I got from your review. Correct me if I'm wrong. I got some experiments coming up in the near future such as a more traditional sheet metal construction. Look for that in the next couple of months. This November it will be one year sens this thread was started. I will make my decision to do another Community deck thread then and let you all know.

Best Matt
    Endless Rides

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@DuraBoards I'm used to high set ups (Slalom) and with the right truck set up it is more controllable. I can see how people don't like the height.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... 6 months have passed since your review, Lucca.

Is it safe to assume NOW that you won't be passing this deck on to anyone else or sending it back to @Goeller (the rightful owner of this deck)?.........
    We've heard a billion words about Building and Beginnings. My biggest interest now is Dismantle and Diminish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dhofmann View Post
    So... 6 months have passed since your review, Lucca.

Is it safe to assume NOW that you won't be passing this deck on to anyone else or sending it back to @Goeller (the rightful owner of this deck)?.........
    Honestly, I need to move it along. I'm not going to make excuses. I'm going to own this bullet. I've made a mistake and I apologize to the community for it. I've still got it. If I get the funds I'll ship it back when I can. I'm sorry for the hardship I've put on the community.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS