ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default BOARDLife Factory - get your decks made in the USA!

What's up everyone! I have been away from the fish for awhile, but working on an awesome new project.

Welcome to BOARDLife Factory - or BLF. The Factory is a superhero team made up of myself (owner of LiQWOOD Board Sports), Jeff (of Pantheon), and the BOARDLife skate shop dudes.
    b
    We have 3 main goals at the Factory:

1) Figure out processes and methods to maximize skateboard quality, and minimize the number of blems. Jeff has had to deal with lots of quality control issues from other big manufacturer's, cutting into his bottom line, and reducing his ability to give back to the community.

2) Bring manufacturing back to America! We need jobs, and we love building skateboards. Chinese factories can house 40,000 people or more (they live in a dormitory on the factory grounds!) and create conditions that we just can't get behind.

3) Allow growth and revitalization of the skate industry - by getting customers involved in the manufacturing process and allowing new brands to blossom in an efficient, profitable manner. The skate shop has 3 windows to allow customers to watch our CNC cut boards, or us sanding and finishing boards. The shop also has an awesome customizing program called Deck It Out, where customers can get custom laser designs, laser cut griptape, or full-color laminated vinyl wraps.

We are tooled up to crank out huge numbers boards a year, but can do small runs and all our designing in-house. We can design molds for you, make graphics for you, or even provide promotional material to showcase how and where your boards are made. We are located in Denver, CO.

Right now, we are manufacturing BOARDLife boards, Pantheon, and LiQWOOD, with talks open regarding Sanctum, Arbor, Anonymous, and possibly others.

Hit us up if you are interested in starting a brand, or bringing your brands MFG back to America! I know there are plenty of skilled small-builders out here, and plenty of people with great board ideas and no way to mass-produce them. Now you do email me at af@boardlifefactory.com

I'll put a few more posts up tonight with pictures of some of our machinery. We've got a press that shoots 10,000V through the board to bake it - and cure it in 5 minutes flat.

I call it Zeus - because it literally shoots lightening and starts fires if you aren't careful
    Name:  33720013160_420efcdb16_b.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  61.2 KB
    Last edited by frare bear; 04-17-2017 at 07:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody242424 View Post
    dont cry. boards love to be abused. its what they live for. i feel sorry for the boards who never get ridden hard. give your board a good life!:mrgreen:
    Quote Originally Posted by omahgarsh View Post
    How are you gonna take over the world if you can't handle a little cold pizza and warm beer in the morning ???
    Quote Originally Posted by TestMonkeyUnlimited View Post
    Now if I could just act like a grown-up and pay bills... Can't I just play "skateboards" all day?
    liqwoodboardsports.bigcartel.com
    facebook.com/LiqwoodLongboards
    @liqwoodboards

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: BOARDLife Factory - get your decks made in the USA!

Sounds like a serious project.

I'd like to hear more about this Zeus.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/OtherPlanetsSkate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chainmaillekid View Post
    Sounds like a serious project.

I'd like to hear more about this Zeus.
    It's been a lot of work! But we have made a lot of progress.

Zeus is a lot of fun... we keep fluorescent bulbs loose in the press, so we have easy visual confirmation that the press is functioning properly. It's a Radio Frequency press, so it uses ~5MHz waves to heat the glue (which has a conductive additive, to heat more efficiently) from the inside out. The glue cures and the board can be demolded in less than 10 minutes. The RF oscillations force glue particles further into the wood grains, resulting in slightly stronger bonds. And the heat bakes out a lot of moisture, leaving these decks lighter than cold pressed versions (2.8 vs 3.0 lbs). I've got a pretty sweet video of it shooting massive electric arcs into the air, on instagram @liqwoodboards.

Zeus is an awesome beast. We estimate it was made in the 50's or 60's, for pressing furniture. It took a good amount of replacing huge $300 capacitors, finding loose connections, and rewiring the controls. It's going to be a workhorse for us for sure. Tomorrow is pressing day!

We've also got a dual head CNC machine w/ pneumatic drills. We can cut, drill, and carve wheel wells with zero tool changes, and one file.
    Name:  33720001870_65a70bfee2_b.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  67.3 KB
    dont cry. boards love to be abused. its what they live for. i feel sorry for the boards who never get ridden hard. give your board a good life!:mrgreen:
    How are you gonna take over the world if you can't handle a little cold pizza and warm beer in the morning ???
    Now if I could just act like a grown-up and pay bills... Can't I just play "skateboards" all day?
    @liqwoodboards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it sound like this?

https://www.youtube.com/user/OtherPlanetsSkate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I predict angry neighbors calling the power company over electrical power "fluctuations". Compuses spinning around like crazy. Interference with the earth's magnetic field, a new Bermuda triangle and the inevitable alien invasion.
    But if the boards are good...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chainmaillekid View Post
    Does it sound like this?

It's not far off! The shop is loud when that thing is running.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerflaw View Post
    I predict angry neighbors calling the power company over electrical power "fluctuations". Compuses spinning around like crazy. Interference with the earth's magnetic field, a new Bermuda triangle and the inevitable alien invasion.
    But if the boards are good...
    Literally I've heard of black vans showing up and shutting down entire businesses without notice.... If it malfunctions they say it can interfere with airplane electronics....

The boards are great though

EDIT: Just realized this should be in the general manufacturer forum.
    Last edited by frare bear; 04-19-2017 at 11:09 PM.
    @liqwoodboards

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS