We build your board Concrete Kahuna AM Wood Skateboard Co's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New Build Plan

Quote Originally Posted by chelios View Post
    cool. i'll go for BB then, i know i can get it here. thanks. 3 or 4 layers?
    4, if its too flexy, glass it

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel that this length and height of the drop is more feasible. let me know what yall think. it already has pretty much the same concave as i want, nice flat part in the middle.

i think i found this browsing around on here
    lol i believe i'll take that as a compliment... thats the first board i made. its 4 layers of 1/8" bb. super simple, and made with the male/female foam press ie. dimm press. If thats the style you're going for i'd like the dimensions you're working with better. mine came out to 44" total, and was crazy long. I would say 40" will be okay, just remember your foot room is limited by the drop.

any questions let me know!

oh and im around 170-180 or up to 200 w/ a backpack on and that board has a bit of flex now, not enough to be unstable, but it does smooth out the bumps. For your weight i would suggest trying 4 layers (especially in that length) and it should be pretty stiff. 5 will be super stiff on you, not much for forgiveness. You shouldn't need to glass it, but thats always something you can do after you press the board if its a bit too soft for your liking.
    Owner/Operator of Ryed Longboards

Check out the boards:
    https://sites.google.com/site/ryedlongboards/

skating on campus should just be named "body dodging"

loose trucks save lives

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cojeep636 View Post
    lol i believe i'll take that as a compliment... thats the first board i made. its 4 layers of 1/8" bb. super simple, and made with the male/female foam press ie. dimm press. If thats the style you're going for i'd like the dimensions you're working with better. mine came out to 44" total, and was crazy long. I would say 40" will be okay, just remember your foot room is limited by the drop.

any questions let me know!

oh and im around 170-180 or up to 200 w/ a backpack on and that board has a bit of flex now, not enough to be unstable, but it does smooth out the bumps. For your weight i would suggest trying 4 layers (especially in that length) and it should be pretty stiff. 5 will be super stiff on you, not much for forgiveness. You shouldn't need to glass it, but thats always something you can do after you press the board if its a bit too soft for your liking.
    maybe i'll go for 3 and glass if necessary because of the shorter length. how much did yours break in after being used a bit, if at all? how do the drop and the concave bend together to create that tub? it seems like it wouldnt bend that nicely, horiz/parallel at a corner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe i'll go for 3 and glass if necessary because of the shorter length. how much did yours break in after being used a bit, if at all? how do the drop and the concave bend together to create that tub? it seems like it wouldnt bend that nicely, horiz/parallel at a corner
    its completely up to you, but i've had a hard time w/ 3 layers. granted i've only tried one... but 3 was SUPER flexy on a board w/ a 36" or so wheelbase, like dangerously so, even with 3 layers of 6 oz glass. i read somewhere the only way to go down to 3 was to use someting in the 18oz range.

also... the bend was just forced in by the press and the characteristics of the wood. those corners where the drop starts force the concave to flatten out, if you look at pretty much any drop deck it looks like this. Hope it helps!

Check out the boards:

loose trucks save lives

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't know if you ever found yourself some press information, but i snapped a few pictures while i had mine out looking at it trying to decide on my next build...

and the other half...

i was going to make smaller version, like the spud, but the pieces i have were a bit too short for said plan, and being somewhat sick i didn't really feel like making another press lol

Check out the boards:

loose trucks save lives

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS