ADVERTISEMENT

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 141 to 160 of 160
  1. #141
    Concrete Kahuna frare bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden, CO
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    7407

    Default Re: THE Snowboard Building Thread

    I'm finally gettin' back at it!

    Name:  14664307486_6207a65608_b.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  30.5 KB

    Name:  14683523184_5526665f5b_b.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  56.0 KB

    Quote Originally Posted by superduperfritzy View Post
    where do you guys normally buy your materials from because all the sites I've seen like snowboard materials, ski lab, and blank slate skis all charge $30 shipping. Are there any alternatives to these 3?
    What sort of materials are you getting shipped? If it's long, big or heavy, $30 isn't unreasonable.
    Last edited by frare bear; 07-18-2014 at 05:22 PM. Reason: quote
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody242424 View Post
    dont cry. boards love to be abused. its what they live for. i feel sorry for the boards who never get ridden hard. give your board a good life!:mrgreen:
    Quote Originally Posted by omahgarsh View Post
    How are you gonna take over the world if you can't handle a little cold pizza and warm beer in the morning ???
    Quote Originally Posted by TestMonkeyUnlimited View Post
    Now if I could just act like a grown-up and pay bills... Can't I just play "skateboards" all day?
    liqwoodboardsports.bigcartel.com
    facebook.com/LiqwoodLongboards


  2. ADVERTISEMENT


  3. #142
    Concrete Kahuna Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,705
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    702

    Default Re: THE Snowboard Building Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by superduperfritzy View Post
    where do you guys normally buy your materials from because all the sites I've seen like snowboard materials, ski lab, and blank slate skis all charge $30 shipping. Are there any alternatives to these 3?
    What are you looking for? Snowboard materials, longboard material, veneer?
    Depending on the weight, quantity and shape of what you are looking for shipping prices will vary no matter who you buy fromeven if they claim free shipping.
    30 bucks for let say a pile of maple veneer may not be a bad price depending how far it has to go to get to you.
    Ted
    ROAROCKIT

    TOLL FREE NUMBER FOR USA AND CANADA
    1 888 857 7790

    GREAT PRICES ON MAPLE, BIRCH AND BAMBOO VENEERS

    Innovative Tools for Boardbuilding
    NEW 3 STEP DROP THROUGH TEMPLATE
    DOUBLE BEARING ROUTER BIT SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR ROUNDING SKATEBOARDS

    Check us out at Roarockit.ca in Canada - Roarockit.com in USA - Roarockit.eu in Europe
    - Roarockit.co.uk in the United Kingdom - Australianskateboardkits.com in Australia

    We are a Social Minded, 100% Boardbuilding Company

  4. #143
    Addicted Cruiser superduperfritzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Age
    18
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    42

    Default Re: THE Snowboard Building Thread

    Im gettting snowboard stuff like base, edges, top sheet, fiberglass, sidewalls, nothing that big. Im thinking ski lab since you could get the kit for $97 with $30 shipping.
    -Veni-Vedi-Fritzy
    Fritzy, my cat, was lost in the midst of August in 2008 by a Coyote. God Bless America
    http://www.youtube.com/user/superduperfritzy

  5. #144
    Addicted Cruiser superduperfritzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Age
    18
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    42

    Default Re: THE Snowboard Building Thread

    So I've been trying to make a ski builders account for the last year and no one is activating my account so I guess I will just have to ask my questions here. I saw in the beginning of this thread you use a hand pump for the vacuum bag, did it provide enough pressure? I also have a large press I could use to make a pnuematic press(I attached a picture of what it looks like). It's made with 2x6s. Do you think that press could hold a hose at around 40 psi?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -Veni-Vedi-Fritzy
    Fritzy, my cat, was lost in the midst of August in 2008 by a Coyote. God Bless America
    http://www.youtube.com/user/superduperfritzy

  6. #145
    Concrete Kahuna frare bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden, CO
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    7407

    Default Re: THE Snowboard Building Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by superduperfritzy View Post
    So I've been trying to make a ski builders account for the last year and no one is activating my account so I guess I will just have to ask my questions here. I saw in the beginning of this thread you use a hand pump for the vacuum bag, did it provide enough pressure? I also have a large press I could use to make a pnuematic press(I attached a picture of what it looks like). It's made with 2x6s. Do you think that press could hold a hose at around 40 psi?
    It took forever for mine to get activated there too...

    It would have provided enough pressure if I was doing a simpler camber profile, my wood core was too much to bend into the tight little camber/rocker curves I tried for.

    How much force do you apply when pressing in that guy normally? 40psi over a roughly 12x72" area will produce upwards of 15tons of force... So if it normally can handle 15 tons then I'd say it's probably safe... although I would be really scared at that pressure. My press is a monster and I always keep a super high tension cable wrapped around so if it explodes there won't be 100lb I-beams flying at me lol

    Name:  14777514869_111c0c8d34_b.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  44.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody242424 View Post
    dont cry. boards love to be abused. its what they live for. i feel sorry for the boards who never get ridden hard. give your board a good life!:mrgreen:
    Quote Originally Posted by omahgarsh View Post
    How are you gonna take over the world if you can't handle a little cold pizza and warm beer in the morning ???
    Quote Originally Posted by TestMonkeyUnlimited View Post
    Now if I could just act like a grown-up and pay bills... Can't I just play "skateboards" all day?
    liqwoodboardsports.bigcartel.com
    facebook.com/LiqwoodLongboards

  7. #146
    Addicted Cruiser superduperfritzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Age
    18
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    42

    Default Re: THE Snowboard Building Thread

    I normally just use 3 car jacks ( the scissor one that looks like this <-> ) and the wood doesn't bend or anything. For my camber I would just do a basic camber and rocker
    -Veni-Vedi-Fritzy
    Fritzy, my cat, was lost in the midst of August in 2008 by a Coyote. God Bless America
    http://www.youtube.com/user/superduperfritzy

  8. #147
    We build your board Concrete Kahuna AM Wood Skateboard Co's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Meaford, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,328
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4871

    Default Re: THE Snowboard Building Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by frare bear View Post

    Name:  14777514869_111c0c8d34_b.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  44.9 KB
    I want to go to there

  9. #148
    Addicted Cruiser Ambrosia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    320

    Default Re: THE Snowboard Building Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by frare bear View Post
    My press is a monster and I always keep a super high tension cable wrapped around so if it explodes there won't be 100lb I-beams flying at me lol

    Name:  14777514869_111c0c8d34_b.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  44.9 KB
    Name:  100027_dad1eb07400f8cc74098029ad9fde728.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  43.9 KB

    close enough
    www.Ambrosiawheels.com

    Instagram : http://instagram.com/ambrosialongboards

    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Ambrosiawheelswelovecats

  10. #149
    Addicted Cruiser superduperfritzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Age
    18
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    42

    Default Re: THE Snowboard Building Thread

    Well, I have decided to go ahead and try to make a snowboard. Lately, I've just been searching for the stuff to buy and I've found out that the most I'll be spending is $300 on this altogether. I'm currently journaling my process on skibuilders at Flotoma Snowboards, but I'll also post some of the bigger things on this thread.
    -Veni-Vedi-Fritzy
    Fritzy, my cat, was lost in the midst of August in 2008 by a Coyote. God Bless America
    http://www.youtube.com/user/superduperfritzy

  11. #150
    Addicted Cruiser Dwak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    St. Charles IL.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    269

    Default Re: THE Snowboard Building Thread

    Well y'all seem to be over snowboards on here but here's my first one.

    Name:  12734264_10153951508313524_5333641494202423624_n.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  51.4 KB

    Name:  12717683_10153951507698524_4646182529950878607_n.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  34.9 KB

  12. #151
    We build your board Concrete Kahuna AM Wood Skateboard Co's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Meaford, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,328
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4871

    Default Re: THE Snowboard Building Thread

    Ahgggrr.. I gota build one

  13. #152
    Addicted Cruiser Dwak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    St. Charles IL.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    269

    Default Re: THE Snowboard Building Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AM Wood Skateboard Co View Post
    Ahgggrr.. I gota build one
    You live in a way better area for having one than Illinois, DOOOOOO IIIIITTTTT!!!!

  14. #153
    We build your board Concrete Kahuna AM Wood Skateboard Co's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Meaford, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,328
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4871

    Default Re: THE Snowboard Building Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwak View Post
    You live in a way better area for having one than Illinois, DOOOOOO IIIIITTTTT!!!!
    I know.. I know...

    This winter as been such a shitshow with my latest expansion, This is the first time since I was 4 or 5 that I haven't shredded by newyears.. I am a loser...

    A snowboard is still on my list of "want to do".



    ps. it's good to see you're still making cool stuff. Cheers to the good old days.

  15. #154
    Addicted Cruiser Dwak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    St. Charles IL.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    269

    Default Re: THE Snowboard Building Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AM Wood Skateboard Co View Post
    I know.. I know...

    This winter as been such a shitshow with my latest expansion, This is the first time since I was 4 or 5 that I haven't shredded by newyears.. I am a loser...

    A snowboard is still on my list of "want to do".



    ps. it's good to see you're still making cool stuff. Cheers to the good old days.


    Winter here sucked this year. Like 12 inches of snow total all winter. I got one day of decent x-country skiing in in Nov and thaat was about it for decent snow. Ready to move I just don't know where cuz I've never been anywhere. haha

  16. #155
    Concrete Kahuna frare bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden, CO
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    7407

    Default Re: THE Snowboard Building Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AM Wood Skateboard Co View Post
    I know.. I know...

    This winter as been such a shitshow with my latest expansion, This is the first time since I was 4 or 5 that I haven't shredded by newyears.. I am a loser...

    A snowboard is still on my list of "want to do".



    ps. it's good to see you're still making cool stuff. Cheers to the good old days.
    I've urged you to try a snowboard so many times! Your new skate construction is basically there already...

    Oh the good old days

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwak View Post
    Winter here sucked this year. Like 12 inches of snow total all winter. I got one day of decent x-country skiing in in Nov and thaat was about it for decent snow. Ready to move I just don't know where cuz I've never been anywhere. haha
    Sweet looking swallow tail! Is it v-lam core with veneer on top? You know... way back when I first got on here, Dwak inspired me to build more boards. Glad to see you're stilling gettin it done!

    This is the 7th board I've made... I need to get more pictures, but this thing is tons of fun. I'm planning to make snowboards this summer/fall to get more into the snowsports arena.

    And you say you don't know where to move... come work for me part time in Colorado! Amazing mountains, amazing summer, there's a board company here that could use your help... all the craft beer you could ever want... the sticky green stuff is legal... it's a good place

    EDIT: I just noticed that gnarly rocker! Have you ridden it yet?

    Name:  24998158691_7a95f15d36_b.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  69.5 KB
    Last edited by frare bear; 02-22-2016 at 12:43 PM. Reason: dat rocker
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody242424 View Post
    dont cry. boards love to be abused. its what they live for. i feel sorry for the boards who never get ridden hard. give your board a good life!:mrgreen:
    Quote Originally Posted by omahgarsh View Post
    How are you gonna take over the world if you can't handle a little cold pizza and warm beer in the morning ???
    Quote Originally Posted by TestMonkeyUnlimited View Post
    Now if I could just act like a grown-up and pay bills... Can't I just play "skateboards" all day?
    liqwoodboardsports.bigcartel.com
    facebook.com/LiqwoodLongboards

  17. #156
    Addicted Cruiser Dwak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    St. Charles IL.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    269

    Default Re: THE Snowboard Building Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by frare bear View Post
    I've urged you to try a snowboard so many times! Your new skate construction is basically there already...

    Oh the good old days



    Sweet looking swallow tail! Is it v-lam core with veneer on top? You know... way back when I first got on here, Dwak inspired me to build more boards. Glad to see you're stilling gettin it done!

    This is the 7th board I've made... I need to get more pictures, but this thing is tons of fun. I'm planning to make snowboards this summer/fall to get more into the snowsports arena.

    And you say you don't know where to move... come work for me part time in Colorado! Amazing mountains, amazing summer, there's a board company here that could use your help... all the craft beer you could ever want... the sticky green stuff is legal... it's a good place

    EDIT: I just noticed that gnarly rocker! Have you ridden it yet?

    Name:  24998158691_7a95f15d36_b.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  69.5 KB
    It's actually an H-lam with V-lam sides. Bottom is white p-tex but the sidewalls and edges are wood. Just made up a new way of making one as I went along. Glued up in 8 separate glue ups instead of just one like a normal board. And yea, some pretty cray rocker, there's a slight camber between inserts tho. Not gona get to try it this year unless I go somewhere, the most mild worthless winter ever here. But I have bounced around on it on carpet like I always do with a new snowboard and it feels legit haha.

    As for work, if your serious I am more than down. I've been to CO a few times for riding but I'm so focused on riding when I'm there I don't even absorb what the towns are like. So when it comes to wanting to move to a mountain area I still feel like its like throwing a dart at a map when it comes to picking a place to move to. So really, this is what I have been wanting....someone....lol ANYONE to be like "this area is dope, and there's is work to be found and rent that isn't insane, AND there's mountains. Feel free to PM about it.

  18. #157
    Addicted Cruiser Dwak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    St. Charles IL.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    269

    Default Re: THE Snowboard Building Thread

    That board looks dope, I'm a huge fan of 'splats' so I def dig that base logo.
    Last edited by Dwak; 02-22-2016 at 07:33 PM.

  19. #158
    Concrete Kahuna frare bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden, CO
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    7407

    Default Re: THE Snowboard Building Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwak View Post
    It's actually an H-lam with V-lam sides. Bottom is white p-tex but the sidewalls and edges are wood. Just made up a new way of making one as I went along. Glued up in 8 separate glue ups instead of just one like a normal board. And yea, some pretty cray rocker, there's a slight camber between inserts tho. Not gona get to try it this year unless I go somewhere, the most mild worthless winter ever here. But I have bounced around on it on carpet like I always do with a new snowboard and it feels legit haha.

    As for work, if your serious I am more than down. I've been to CO a few times for riding but I'm so focused on riding when I'm there I don't even absorb what the towns are like. So when it comes to wanting to move to a mountain area I still feel like its like throwing a dart at a map when it comes to picking a place to move to. So really, this is what I have been wanting....someone....lol ANYONE to be like "this area is dope, and there's is work to be found and rent that isn't insane, AND there's mountains. Feel free to PM about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwak View Post
    That board looks dope, I'm a huge fan of 'splats' so I def dig that base logo.
    That's rad you just free-styled the design of a new board! Now that I'm getting the normal methods down, I want to start experimenting some.

    This area is dope! It's got lots of high-tech jobs, good place for startups... I am pretty serious about working together, but sadly I am not yet at the point where it could comfortably feed you or a family.

    Right now I got kicked out of my old house (my garage was my shop) so I am in a weird transition stage. If I find the right person/investor and space, I wanna launch into something bigger. I have some pretty solid production capabilities for boards, my CNC router/laser, and I'm gaining lots of experience in new composites (carbon fiber w/ thermoplastics) with my part time research job. So I suppose I am kind of in the same boat as you.... at the threshold of many new possibilities.


    Rent here is getting insane in Denver and certain areas. But closer to the mountains and suburbs are more reasonable. I used to live in Golden, where we rented a 5 bedroom house for $1500. But also in Golden you could pay up to $600 or more for a single bedroom apartment.

    The mountains are amazing! Ideally, I'd have enough money to buy a few acres in the mountains, and build a sustainably powered shop. And greenhouses to feed all the workers/occupants. I wanna build so many things besides just boards... lol



    I love the splat too! I was so happy with how that base design came out. I love the clear base material
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody242424 View Post
    dont cry. boards love to be abused. its what they live for. i feel sorry for the boards who never get ridden hard. give your board a good life!:mrgreen:
    Quote Originally Posted by omahgarsh View Post
    How are you gonna take over the world if you can't handle a little cold pizza and warm beer in the morning ???
    Quote Originally Posted by TestMonkeyUnlimited View Post
    Now if I could just act like a grown-up and pay bills... Can't I just play "skateboards" all day?
    liqwoodboardsports.bigcartel.com
    facebook.com/LiqwoodLongboards

  20. #159
    Stoked! awpldlto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Bladder Material

    Looking to make a bladder press. What is everyone using for material? Ive been looking at fire hose. Does anyone have spare bladder material i could buy off of them? If not where did you get your bladder material?

  21. #160
    Addicted Cruiser bandaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    503

    Default Re: THE Snowboard Building Thread

    Can't remember where exactly I got mine, but its a lay flat water hose from some amateur gold prospecting website. They were the only ones happy to ship less than a full roll.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

ADVERTISEMENT



OUR SPONSORS


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join Silverfish