ADVERTISEMENT

Page 295 of 295 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295
Results 5,881 to 5,898 of 5898
  1. #5881
    Addicted Cruiser kyle_vk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    the mitten
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,236
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    856

    Default Re: The Official Dancing thread

    Got a quick ride on the beast the other day.



    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Built not Bought

    Studio Wise Design


  2. ADVERTISEMENT


  3. #5882
    Fresh Fish papapotbelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Age
    39
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: The Official Dancing thread

    ^, ^^, Great customs, guys! Anyone else defrosting and getting out for some Spring Steps?

    Practicing with my son in Gramma's tractor garage lol

    Name:  dad n magnus 1.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  35.0 KB

    Name:  Dad n Magnus 2.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  34.3 KB

  4. #5883
    Addicted Cruiser gretel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Barcelona
    Age
    42
    Posts
    645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2312

    Default Re: The Official Dancing thread

    Anyone using Cronins for dancing?

    Never tried Ronins of any type so asking from sheer ignorance.

    I guess aerials could **** up the support pin, though...

  5. #5884
    Addicted Cruiser BoardWrecka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Munich
    Posts
    241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    330

    Default Re: The Official Dancing thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gretel View Post
    Anyone using Cronins for dancing?

    Never tried Ronins of any type so asking from sheer ignorance.

    I guess aerials could **** up the support pin, though...
    I once tested them, depending on your wheelbase and wedging they feel awesome for some boardwalks but due to their weight and height they're not that nice for freestyle imo. Never had problems with the support pin when landing some jumps from a ramp though, so i guess aerials shouldn't destroy the trucks

  6. #5885
    Addicted Cruiser gretel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Barcelona
    Age
    42
    Posts
    645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2312

    Default Re: The Official Dancing thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BoardWrecka View Post
    I once tested them, depending on your wheelbase and wedging they feel awesome for some boardwalks but due to their weight and height they're not that nice for freestyle imo. Never had problems with the support pin when landing some jumps from a ramp though, so i guess aerials shouldn't destroy the trucks
    Thanks! Hadn't thought about the weight!

    Guess i'll stick to my absurd 50deg Prandals! ????

  7. #5886
    Addicted Cruiser dubman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Age
    49
    Posts
    237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3540

    Default Re: The Official Dancing thread

    Why absurd???
    Impressive selection of wood, metal and urethane goes here.

  8. #5887
    Addicted Cruiser dubman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Age
    49
    Posts
    237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3540

    Default Re: The Official Dancing thread

    Unrelated question to the one above ... is there any disadvantage to riding bent hangers on a dancer, esp if the bend is even and not extreme?
    Impressive selection of wood, metal and urethane goes here.

  9. #5888
    Addicted Cruiser gretel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Barcelona
    Age
    42
    Posts
    645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2312

    Default Re: The Official Dancing thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dubman View Post
    Why absurd???
    Well i thought prandals made sense as an improvement to basic randals for dh, especialy using randals 42deg baseplate... i just happen to use paris hangers cause my randals bent.
    I like them a lot, don't get me wrong!

  10. #5889
    Moderator Shinobo Sukebo BigTreeFallHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    That Toddlin' Town
    Age
    28
    Posts
    15,503
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    18427

    Default Re: The Official Dancing thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dubman View Post
    Unrelated question to the one above ... is there any disadvantage to riding bent hangers on a dancer, esp if the bend is even and not extreme?
    Your wheels will wear unevenly into a conical shape since the axles are pointed more upwards, but they'll still roll okay. You'll also be putting pressure on the bearings at an angle instead of directly vertical onto the races, so if you're doing a lot of flippy tricks and grabs where the board is slammed onto the ground a lot you may run a slightly higher risk of ruining a bearing (solution: use cheap ones)

    That said, practically all of my dancer decks have hangers with a slight "U" bend because of the variety of tricks that are usually performed.
    My Fleet:Loaded:Dervish,Dancer,Fattail,Bhangra,Chubby Unicorn/Roggs Dancer/LBL:Komodo&OSD/Comet FSM/LY: Switch & Wedgeflex/Rayne Nemesis&Demonseed/EW Thruster/Soda B2H 1 and 2 & Crank/Drang Dancer/Subsonic Killroy/AMwood 1/2 dance

    Quote Originally Posted by Brute379 View Post
    The deck is merely the interface that connects you to the trucks/wheels/road. It should be comfortable. It should inspire confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by orion119net View Post
    got to dance with my buddy who's visiting from home......that sounded straighter in my head
    Do you Dancer Slalom?

  11. #5890
    Addicted Cruiser dubman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Age
    49
    Posts
    237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3540

    Default Re: The Official Dancing thread

    Thanks Bigtree, essentially what I expected but better the devil you know.

    OK now the straw poll ... is anyone dancing on forged trucks (savants, bear etc) and do the the axels bend with freestyle jumpy stuff?
    Impressive selection of wood, metal and urethane goes here.

  12. #5891
    Addicted Cruiser gretel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Barcelona
    Age
    42
    Posts
    645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2312

    Default The Official Dancing thread

    Taking a risk here but i recall reading somewhere that Lotfi sported savants...

    Interested in the question too!

  13. #5892
    Addicted Cruiser tigerflaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    575

    Default Re: The Official Dancing thread

    Sponsored skaters don't always use what they like best.
    I have a set of gullwing chargers that I've been beating on for a while now. I'm not great, but I've put them
    through many tigerclaws, caveman's, aero grabs, etc. Never heard of these trucks bending. Axels are faced too.

  14. #5893
    Addicted Cruiser dubman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Age
    49
    Posts
    237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3540

    Default Re: The Official Dancing thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gretel View Post
    Taking a risk here but i recall reading somewhere that Lotfi sported savants...

    Interested in the question too!
    Yeah I'm very wary of sponsorship froth
    Impressive selection of wood, metal and urethane goes here.

  15. #5894
    Addicted Cruiser BoardWrecka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Munich
    Posts
    241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    330

    Default Re: The Official Dancing thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerflaw View Post
    Sponsored skaters don't always use what they like best.
    I have a set of gullwing chargers that I've been beating on for a while now. I'm not great, but I've put them
    through many tigerclaws, caveman's, aero grabs, etc. Never heard of these trucks bending. Axels are faced too.
    I'm also riding chargers for dancing, they're more than 4 years old now... Can't say they don't bend at all, but they definitely last longer than paris, bears etc

  16. #5895
    Addicted Cruiser gretel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Barcelona
    Age
    42
    Posts
    645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2312

    Default Re: The Official Dancing thread

    Just a minor thing but need to know if someone has the same issue: after my dance sessions i get an uncomfortable itch on my forearms die to the fiberglass. Due to the boards chipping the outside fiber on the bottom chips and it gets into my skin when i pick it up...
    Even considering changing deck just because of this but the deck is great.

  17. #5896
    Addicted Cruiser BRoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    887
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11617

    Default Re: The Official Dancing thread

    I know gloves don't look cool but you could try them or a wrap of duct tape around your thumb and index or other fingers. Fiberglass makes for awful splinters and splinters make for itching.

  18. #5897
    Moderator Shinobo Sukebo BigTreeFallHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    That Toddlin' Town
    Age
    28
    Posts
    15,503
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    18427

    Default Re: The Official Dancing thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gretel View Post
    Just a minor thing but need to know if someone has the same issue: after my dance sessions i get an uncomfortable itch on my forearms die to the fiberglass. Due to the boards chipping the outside fiber on the bottom chips and it gets into my skin when i pick it up...
    Even considering changing deck just because of this but the deck is great.
    It's definitely an annoying problem to have. If it's not too hot, obviously wearing a long sleeved shirt is an easy fix. Otherwise, I've had success using a two-part epoxy to gloop all over the splintering areas to seal them off, and then I use a clear coat of spray paint over that. You can use a fine grit of sandpaper to file down any excess bits of glue. The problem will, unfortunately, keep coming back because the glue will wear away in the same spots with repeated tricks and use of the board, but thankfully it's a relatively cheap fix to keep your board from messing your arms/hands up.
    My Fleet:Loaded:Dervish,Dancer,Fattail,Bhangra,Chubby Unicorn/Roggs Dancer/LBL:Komodo&OSD/Comet FSM/LY: Switch & Wedgeflex/Rayne Nemesis&Demonseed/EW Thruster/Soda B2H 1 and 2 & Crank/Drang Dancer/Subsonic Killroy/AMwood 1/2 dance

    Quote Originally Posted by Brute379 View Post
    The deck is merely the interface that connects you to the trucks/wheels/road. It should be comfortable. It should inspire confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by orion119net View Post
    got to dance with my buddy who's visiting from home......that sounded straighter in my head
    Do you Dancer Slalom?

  19. #5898
    Addicted Cruiser gretel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Barcelona
    Age
    42
    Posts
    645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2312

    Default Re: The Official Dancing thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreeFallHard View Post
    It's definitely an annoying problem to have. If it's not too hot, obviously wearing a long sleeved shirt is an easy fix. Otherwise, I've had success using a two-part epoxy to gloop all over the splintering areas to seal them off, and then I use a clear coat of spray paint over that. You can use a fine grit of sandpaper to file down any excess bits of glue. The problem will, unfortunately, keep coming back because the glue will wear away in the same spots with repeated tricks and use of the board, but thankfully it's a relatively cheap fix to keep your board from messing your arms/hands up.
    Great advice, thanks!

Page 295 of 295 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295

ADVERTISEMENT



OUR SPONSORS


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join Silverfish