Results 5,901 to 5,912 of 5912
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Official Dancing thread

Quote Originally Posted by gretel View Post
    Just a minor thing but need to know if someone has the same issue: after my dance sessions i get an uncomfortable itch on my forearms die to the fiberglass. Due to the boards chipping the outside fiber on the bottom chips and it gets into my skin when i pick it up...
    Even considering changing deck just because of this but the deck is great.
    automotive silicone like right stuff comes in a can I use it on my tale bone and shoes

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone here ride the Majutsu Buto?
    Any posative thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTreeFallHard View Post
    It's definitely an annoying problem to have. If it's not too hot, obviously wearing a long sleeved shirt is an easy fix. Otherwise, I've had success using a two-part epoxy to gloop all over the splintering areas to seal them off, and then I use a clear coat of spray paint over that. You can use a fine grit of sandpaper to file down any excess bits of glue. The problem will, unfortunately, keep coming back because the glue will wear away in the same spots with repeated tricks and use of the board, but thankfully it's a relatively cheap fix to keep your board from messing your arms/hands up.
    That right there is why I will probably always prefer a straight wood deck. I'm sure fiberglass decks are awesome - but wood is where my heart is (sounds strange to say).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goeller View Post
    That right there is why I will probably always prefer a straight wood deck. I'm sure fiberglass decks are awesome - but wood is where my heart is (sounds strange to say).

Not a great reason to disregard composites. You can have a veneer, Formica, etc ply over the glass and eliminate this problem.
    I have a maple deck that's reinforced with glass and that thing is only 10mm thick but strong AF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tigerflaw View Post
    Not a great reason to disregard composites. You can have a veneer, Formica, etc ply over the glass and eliminate this problem.
    I have a maple deck that's reinforced with glass and that thing is only 10mm thick but strong AF.
    How about "I don't like the way they feel". Reality is - I've only stepped on a couple fiberglass decks - and I really just don't like the feel. I don't even like holding them in my hand.
    I'm sure they really are awesome … for other people. But the feel of those decks in my hand makes me want to rip my face off.
    OCD is a crazy thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucky you, since maple and glue boards are cheaper. Jet released a couple short dancers a while for under 100. Kebbek too but its only a 43".
    I believe in bamboo. Saving the trees and all..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucky you, since maple and glue boards are cheaper. Jet released a couple short dancers a while for under 100. Kebbek too but its only a 43".
    I believe in bamboo. Saving the trees and all..
    I really want to see more dancers in the 48"-55" range. Nothing wrong with short dancers … but there are a fair amount of those on the market. (I would like to try out the new LY dancer style deck.)
    But big ass dancers with nice kicks are a more rare bread … and fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really want to see more dancers in the 48"-55" range. Nothing wrong with short dancers … but there are a fair amount of those on the market. (I would like to try out the new LY dancer style deck.)
    But big ass dancers with nice kicks are a more rare bread … and fun.

The stratus? its 45ish and there's glass in it. It would give you multiple heart attacks.
    You know, people complain about loaded being expensive but at least they are fair. After I saw the stratus with a price of 330€ I checked how much those cost in NA. 240$?? Nasty!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The stratus? its 45ish and there's glass in it. It would give you multiple heart attacks.
    You know, people complain about loaded being expensive but at least they are fair. After I saw the stratus with a price of 330€ I checked how much those cost in NA. 240$?? Nasty!
    I had multiple heart attacks just reading that.
    That price bump to Europe is some BS. They definitely earned douche points for that.
    Sooooo … I'm a lot less interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had multiple heart attacks just reading that.
    That price bump to Europe is some BS. They definitely earned douche points for that.
    Sooooo … I'm a lot less interested.

DB released the Dance Floor (47 x 9.75 with a 36" EFP and 31.25 WB). https://dblongboards.com/shop/longbo...47-flex-2-deck

I think those guys know how to make kicks - killer on their Diamondback and Cosmonaut.

"We re-imagined what was possible when designing the CoreFlex Dance Floor. Our new platform utilizes a two piece vertically laminated bamboo core reinforced by both triaxial and biaxial fiberglass. The resulting layup offers responsive flex, great wheel clearance, and a perfect platform for dancing. We’re excited to announce the Dance Floor in two sizes with two flex options each."

So it does have fiberglass but it's $100 less than the Stratus and made in the USA.
    Last edited by BRoc; 05-26-2017 at 04:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRoc View Post
    DB released the Dance Floor (47 x 9.75 with a 36" EFP and 31.25 WB). https://dblongboards.com/shop/longbo...47-flex-2-deck

I think those guys know how to make kicks - killer on the Diamondback and Cosmonaut.

"We re-imagined what was possible when designing the CoreFlex Dance Floor. Our new platform utilizes a two piece vertically laminated bamboo core reinforced by both triaxial and biaxial fiberglass. The resulting layup offers responsive flex, great wheel clearance, and a perfect platform for dancing. We’re excited to announce the Dance Floor in two sizes with two flex options each."

So it does have fiberglass but it's $100 less than the Stratus and made in the USA.
    Looks a lot like the whip. The strange thing is that the flex 1 seems to have some inserts on the kicks, while the flex 2 does not?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The strange thing is that the flex 1 seems to have some inserts on the kicks, while the flex 2 does not?
    You seem to be correct or their picture is wrong. That's interesting. Would be nice if they posted the suggested weights for the different flex levels and if there is an insert why only one one board and with its carbon or p-tex or what.

Page 296 of 296 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS