Page 673 of 673 FirstFirst ... 173573623663669670671672673
Results 13,441 to 13,454 of 13454
    Longskateaholic MulletMuffinMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Looking for a new set of wheels? Ask in here.

Quote Originally Posted by anacan View Post
    Hey there! I’m setting up a landyachtz 28.5 x8 inch dinghy with polar bear 105mm trucks, for a mini cruiser and I had a question on wheels. I was wondering if I could toss some Abec 11 75x68mm Centrax HD or some equally big fast downhill wheels on it for the insane roll-speed. Would this work? Would I need to stack an insane amount of risers? Any thoughts or opinions? Thanks!
    Would not recommend 75mm on the dinghy, yes top end roll speed would be great but.... Acceleration would very slow due to the huge size and mass of urethane. Manuverability will be horrible as well due to the huge lips and contact patch. Kick turns (using the tail to lift the front wheels and turn) will be very uncomfortable. Carving will feel slow and cumbersome as well as your feet might hit the wheels. Pushing will be uncomfortable as well. Lastly the top end roll speed those big downhill wheels have is only noticeable once you start going over like 30mph.

All that being said, trying different setups and tinkering with them is all part of the fun and helps you understand what you like and don't like. From the wheels I've tried on the dinghy I would recommend Abec11 noskoolz 60mm 78a, Abec11 11 retro bertz 60mm 81a,
    Spitfire chargers 58 mm 80hd,
    Seismic cambria 62mm 80a.

All these wheels have great roll speed for their size plus amazing acceleration and feel great on the dinghy. The noskools are my favorite with the spitfire chargers in close second.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've recently got back into skating, and im looking for a set of my favorite wheels- 78 or 81a flashbacks although they seem to be out of stock everywhere i look (maybe im just dumb). If anyone could link me to a site that has them them in stock and ships to the USA I'd be super grateful!
    Sozo Skate Shop
    "There are no ordinary moments"
    I'm No Superman

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xander1911 View Post
    I've recently got back into skating, and im looking for a set of my favorite wheels- 78 or 81a flashbacks although they seem to be out of stock everywhere i look (maybe im just dumb). If anyone could link me to a site that has them them in stock and ships to the USA I'd be super grateful!
    I did a quick search and found them out of stock a lot of places as well. Alternatively, if you could settle for a 65mm instead of 70mm wheel, the erniez are just a smaller version of the exact same thing, in the great 81a amber classic formula, and seem to still be widely available

edit: socialskateboarding.com has the regular flashies in 81a amber classic, and both 78 and 81a green classic, and on sale for $30

This store is the complete opposite of "core" so don't expect the kind of cs or knowledgeability you'd get from say muir for example, but I always check there when I'm looking for something out of stock most other places, or recently discontinued. Usually pretty cheap too
    Last edited by Liamt; 08-03-2017 at 01:12 PM.
    47* PNL plates, mismatched colors (gold/grey)-$35 ea/$65 pair shipped

Metalbee guards for clutch jerk v2, great shape- $15 shipped

Gunmetal 46* bp's- $15/pair shipped

Payback lobster 8.5 x 32.5, gripped, 9.5/10- $40 shipped

Rayne Genesis Dee-lite, Like new, SICK custom grip, pm for pics. Best offer...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your help, one last question. How much wheel clearance does the dinghy have? If I wanted to run some 70mm hoots would that still be to much? What diameter should I aim for? Thanks again!
    Fast and sideways is the way to go

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Liamt View Post
    I did a quick search and found them out of stock a lot of places as well. Alternatively, if you could settle for a 65mm instead of 70mm wheel, the erniez are just a smaller version of the exact same thing, in the great 81a amber classic formula, and seem to still be widely available

edit: socialskateboarding.com has the regular flashies in 81a amber classic, and both 78 and 81a green classic, and on sale for $30

This store is the complete opposite of "core" so don't expect the kind of cs or knowledgeability you'd get from say muir for example, but I always check there when I'm looking for something out of stock most other places, or recently discontinued. Usually pretty cheap too
    Thanks for checking it out for me! I actually saw the social deal and tried to order but when you do you're redirected to a page that says they arent currently taking orders which is a bummer...

Anyway i did end up finding both the pink and blue versions at nordboards but have no experience with either of them so to anyone whos ridden them- how do they compare to their green counter parts?

Edit: so now im between either waiting for social to get their stuff worked out or maybe just getting some noskoolz to satisfy my classic thane craving
    Last edited by xander1911; 08-03-2017 at 01:24 PM.
    Sozo Skate Shop
    I'm No Superman

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xander1911 View Post
    Thanks for checking it out for me! I actually saw the social deal and tried to order but when you do you're redirected to a page that says they arent currently taking orders which is a bummer...

Anyway i did end up finding both the pink and blue versions at nordboards but have no experience with either of them so to anyone whos ridden them- how do they compare to their green counter parts?

Edit: so now im between either waiting for social to get their stuff worked out or maybe just getting some noskoolz to satisfy my classic thane craving
    I might try calling social if I were you, they might take an order over the phone. I've only ever skated the pink and blue formulas in powerballs/polka dots so I couldn't really say how the flashbacks would skate different in that thane. Blue flashies do sound fun though

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey there! I’m setting up a landyachtz 28.5 x8 inch dinghy with polar bear 105mm trucks, for a mini cruiser and I had a question on wheels. I was wondering if I could toss some Abec 11 75x68mm Centrax HD or some equally big fast downhill wheels on it for the insane roll-speed. Would this work? Would I need to stack an insane amount of risers? Any thoughts or opinions? Thanks!
    The newish 59mm powell g-slides have the best roll speed for their size of anything I've tried, especially on less than ideal pavement that might slow other wheels down. Kicks up to speed just as well as any similar sized wheel. Great size for the dinghy. If you haven't bought trucks yet, I'd say get the correct sized indys (probably 139) before the polar bears, no question.

I noticed there's a review for polar bears on muir where the person used 105 polar bears on a dinghy and maybe that's where you got that width, but personally I'd say that's far too narrow unless you're going to run ridiculously wide offset wheels.

Indy 109's have a 6.9" axle, just for some perspective on widths. Unless you're gonna put on nersh money hax or some such thing, that's going to be far from lining up on an 8" wide deck
    Last edited by Liamt; 08-03-2017 at 04:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I wanted to use polar bears still, could I use the 130mm polar bears? That’d fit better than the 105mm right? Any opinions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I wanted to use polar bears still, could I use the 130mm polar bears? That’d fit better than the 105mm right? Any opinions?
    pretty much

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much for all your help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I talked to the guys at bear, and they said that the 105mm would line up best with the rails on the dinghy. Idk what to get now, the 130mm or the 105mm. What should I do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I talked to the guys at bear, and they said that the 105mm would line up best with the rails on the dinghy. Idk what to get now, the 130mm or the 105mm. What should I do?
    I would probably go 130mm as i dont really care for that tippy feeling really narrow trucks tend to have, it's totally up to you and vastly just personal preference. I think it'll be a fun set up regardless of which way you decide to go.
    Sozo Skate Shop
    I'm No Superman

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would just get the complete pre assembled dinghy if I were you. They recommend 105 because they set it up stock with wide offset wheels that will line up with the width of the deck because of the extra width. If you use most center set wheels it would line up better with 130mm polar bears.

But again the stock setup on a pre-assembled dinghy is pretty nice; especially if you're getting polar bears anyways. Also Fatty hawgs roll pretty nice while keeping the ride low and nimble.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this is a wheels thread, but my vote for the dinghy as potentially most fun truck setup since we're on the topic-
    129mm tracker rts/rtx combo

Page 673 of 673 FirstFirst ... 173573623663669670671672673

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS