ADVERTISEMENT

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Art Resources, FAQ's, and yes your answer is here before you start a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by footloosefloyd View Post
    Anyone tried something like this? How to print pictures on wood. Wax Paper transfer. | The Art of Doing Stuff Does it work? Obviously you'd have to nuke it with clear coat also...
    I have, it works, but the results are for me are usually pretty faint anyway, its like the wood absorbs alot of the ink deeper in.

I have an idea but i wanted to get your input before I tried it, I want to get some photo quality paper, the glossy kind, and directly glue it to the board, razor off the edges and clear coat that sucker. Anyone tried it? I think the colors would hold alot better

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Art Resources, FAQ's, and yes your answer is here before you start a thread.

Anyone tried something like this? How to print pictures on wood. Wax Paper transfer. | The Art of Doing Stuff Does it work? Obviously you'd have to nuke it with clear coat also...
    Name:  DSC01949.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  33.4 KB
    I used mod podge to transfer the ink, it worked quite well but you can see that it is a bit blurry because the paper stuck to the wood
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark502 View Post
    You know you're a longboarder when you play skate 3 and have a biggest powerslide competition with your friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by aaroncj View Post
    i wish i said something worth put as a sig

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you glued the wax paper to the board?
    Quote Originally Posted by mortisz View Post
    its the new monster truck line, meant to run over any roaming toddlers on your runs without slowing down

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you glued the wax paper to the board?
    I applied the mod podge on the wood, then on the paper. I stuck the paper on the deck and even out the thing with a credit card. You must let it dried to peel it off after but the paper was basically glued to it. So it gave a messy look to the final result.
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark502 View Post
    You know you're a longboarder when you play skate 3 and have a biggest powerslide competition with your friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by aaroncj View Post
    i wish i said something worth put as a sig

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will this work as a good clear coat? if not, what would work better?
    FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN (ah-ah-ah) CHAMPION OF THE SUN (ah-ah-ah) YOU'RE A MASTER OF KARATE AND FRIENDSHIP FOR EVERYONE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello fellas,

My question is, will spraypaint reduce the grip of black Vicious? I dont have the money to buy a Black and Red Grip, so why not settle with just one in two colors.
    Thanks for the reply in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Skywarper

Ive never done it myself but since Vicious grip tape is extremely rough (with small pieces of glass within the grip tape) I do not imagine it will make that big a difference. It'll most likely still work better then regular but don't hold me to it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey so its my first time posting on this forum, any input is appreciated.
    If there is a better section to post this please let me know.

I am thinking of designing some custom graphics for a blank long board and painting it with markers, paint, etc... and selling it to some people I know. If people kinda like em I was thinking of potentially selling them online or something. I love art, longboarding, and business so why not mix them up. I do not aim to make a butt-ton of cash but as long as I am not loosing money I still wanna do this for fun.

My Question: What are the legalities involved when re-selling blank boards with your own custom graphics?

I.e) If I do not build the boards my self but apply custom graphics, how can I sell them? Could I make my own "brand" of boards even if I do not build them?

For Example) If I apply my own graphics and make a logo, could I then sell the boards as "ABC Skateboards"? And in the details explain that all my boards are manufactured by _______ company?

I know that the big companies (Landyahtz, etc...) actually build/produce there own boards from scratch in the warehouse.

So again I ask, would it be possible to purchase blank boards from a skateboard manufacturing company, put custom graphics on em, and re-brand em and sell em under your own "skateboard company" name?

Thanks!
    Last edited by off; 10-16-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To all who, like me, follow (lurk) this thread and are constantly on the hunt for new and better design ideas and techniques I've posted a video about the photo transfer technique over here which I think gives fantastic results for minimal skill. Hope this inspires y'all.

This is a board mid-process - the white patches are removed in subsequent steps:
    Name:  Photo 16-12-2014 12 11 18.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  47.2 KB
    "If what I think is happening, is happening... It better not be!"
    - Mrs. Fox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by off View Post
    My Question: What are the legalities involved when re-selling blank boards with your own custom graphics?

I.e) If I do not build the boards my self but apply custom graphics, how can I sell them? Could I make my own "brand" of boards even if I do not build them?

For Example) If I apply my own graphics and make a logo, could I then sell the boards as "ABC Skateboards"? And in the details explain that all my boards are manufactured by _______ company?
    It's funny, I do the opposite (build my own boards and apply graphics I find on the 'net). Now I don't KNOW for sure but I'm sure it is no problem to brand and resell blanks. Other industries (like electronics) also have "blanks" except they call them "OEM modules" and that's the point: you take it, improve on it and resell it as your own brand. There may be terms attached so check with your supplier but I'm sure they don't make blanks so kids can buy individual boards - they WANT someone to buy bulk for resale.
    "If what I think is happening, is happening... It better not be!"
    - Mrs. Fox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey you guys

The board I wanna do is the Bamboo Suzie Slide Thru end I was wondering
    -what type/brand of spray paint can I use? I know krylon is good but what's the cheapest one I can get? Like could I use Rust-oleum ultra cover paint+primer? it says it works on wood

Concrete Kahuna TestMonkeyUnlimited's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by newgirl1256 View Post
    Hey you guys

The board I wanna do is the Bamboo Suzie Slide Thru end I was wondering
    -what type/brand of spray paint can I use? I know krylon is good but what's the cheapest one I can get? Like could I use Rust-oleum ultra cover paint+primer? it says it works on wood
    Don't paint over that pretty bamboo! Just lightly pre-scuff with a 220 grit;
    Make some stencil graphics with blue painter's tape or something . . .
    Then go over the Krylon w/ some decent clear polyurethane when it's dry.

You should preserve some of the look of the natural wood (grass, rather)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have much knowledge on marker pens.

I found this website online while searching for chalk markers. Thought of sharing as it will be useful to others

Chalk Ink: Liquid Chalk Markers, Chalkboard Signs & Glass Markers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi!That usually happens if you use a glossy dark colour over a layer of matte or fluor colour. This can ruin your work,but well used you can get an amazing crackle effect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I´ve been using POSCA paint markers for the last 5 or 6 years,and they handle pretty well
    Name:  11088862_658611717595553_8735336392675646748_o.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  79.6 KB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS