ADVERTISEMENT

Thread: Copyright?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Copyright?

Do any of you guys use image you find online? How do you deal with possible copyright issues? I ask because I love modern Japanese art and tattoo design, as well as some samurai stuff, so I'm wanting to combine some different pictures I found online and put them on some boards that I'm selling, but obviously, if those images are under copyright then I can't sell the boards. Any advice?

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Copyright?

Try contacting the owners and offering to pay...
    I've been 19 longer'n you've been alive - me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've looked into that. The problem is locating the owners, so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with tracking down the owners of graphics they find online

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're just selling a few boards out of your garage, I wouldn't worry about it.

I've had experience tracking down owners for music for Youtube back in the day when Youtube required written permissions for everything.
    Its more about looking for material in a place where you know how to contact the artists.

I found most of my music on Newgrounds, and there I could directly PM users for permission.

For actual artwork, maybe deviantart? I'm sure there's something better than that, but thats what comes to mind first.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/OtherPlanetsSkate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chainmaillekid View Post
    If you're just selling a few boards out of your garage, I wouldn't worry about it.

I've had experience tracking down owners for music for Youtube back in the day when Youtube required written permissions for everything.
    Its more about looking for material in a place where you know how to contact the artists.

I found most of my music on Newgrounds, and there I could directly PM users for permission.

For actual artwork, maybe deviantart? I'm sure there's something better than that, but thats what comes to mind first.
    Yeah that's basically what I'm doing (as far as selling the boards and all. I don't have some big production line or anything). Deviantart is where I've found some stuff I want to use, and the biggest issue there eisenhower the lack of replies you get. Thanks for the help though!

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS