ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Nelson Longboards Out of Business / Quit / hiatus / closed for good (?)

I've heard through a fellow Nelson Longboards customer that an employee at MuirSkate has "unfortunately confirmed that Rich [the owner] closed his doors."

My story: I ordered the tempest board with a pair of trucks from the NelsonLongboards' website. The website's default status order information said "paid" and "unfulfilled"; after a few days without change in status, this worried me; I did a search and found many concerns from customers' who posted on Nelson Longboards' Facebook page and saw there was no response to them. After reaching out to two other people from the Facebook page, they told me they never heard from the company and went through their bank to reclaim their money; One person waited a month and another waited a little over 2 weeks until taking steps to dispute the charges. I then followed the same course of action and started the dispute process through Paypal (today).

My feelings on this: It breaks my heart to see such a wonderful company get a bad reputation; All Rich Nelson (the owner) had to do was update the site to inform customers accordingly of his impending hiatus/termination of the company or disable the payment button. If Nelson Longboards is on hiatus for the moment or ultimately "closed his doors" then at least provide a disclaimer on the website. However, he doesn't seem like a bad person so it must've been pretty gnarly -- whatever it is that happened to him; I sincerely hope everything works out for him. In regards to his product -- I truly believe these boards are one-of-a-kind, and, the thought of having to hunt a used tempest model from various sellers kills me. So sad... so sad...

Regardless, whatever it is that Rich Nelson is going through -- I wish him the best and hope everything is alright with him.

-Zeke

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Nelson Longboards Out of Business / Quit / hiatus / closed for good (?)

i heard the same thing from scott at muir when i ordered my manta ray. i figured i should get one since the company is on pause and the boards seem rad. hopefully everything okay. scott said that he (rich) is taking a break. hopefully he finds himself and gets back into it because he is such a good guy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Nelson Longboards Out of Business / Quit / hiatus / closed for good (?)

To confirm the sources stating the closure of Nelson Longboards, Rich corresponded through PayPal with me directly stating the following:

"We had to close down the factory, but before we did we made a bunch of boards so that we could continue to sell. (Haven't made the official announcement yet) Sorry for the shipping delay I need to add a note to the site about potential shipping delays, now that I'm working another job I cant get them out as quick as we used to. But all the boards that are available on the site are in stock and ready to ship. I'm getting a batch of boards shipped out today. I'll pack yours too, I can refund your order as requested or ship it out with some extra stuff thrown in. " (Nelson, 21 May 2016)

With that said, I haven't heard from Rich since then; I recommend caution in placing an order because it has been just shy of a month since I've placed mine and still have nothing to show for my money spent; additionally, I have only 5 more days to escalate the matter through PayPal, to enact the buyer protection; I would wait longer but then who knows -- I may never see my $209.00 ever again; I guess I gotta get reimbursed while it's still official and the option is still there. Despite the possibility of having to enact the buyer protection and not having seen a product nearly a month after placing my order, I truly hope that Rich sends over the stuff because his boards are literally now the last of their kind and I would rather just receive the product and close out the PayPal ticket.

-Zeke

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS