Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Never Summer Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Never Summer Industries View Post
    Awesome!
    Glad to hear you guys want more nose and tail on the Heist because that's exactly what's happening... I'll snap some new photos and be sure to post them here for the new year! Not only does it have a nose and tail but there is a grip of kick in them so the pop and control is amazing... Also, check out this video of the new symmetrical fun-ride deck "the revolt". This is team rider Big Dave of the Sunset Sliders in San Francisco getting nasty on it right out of the box :
    YouTube - Revolting Booty!
    Happy New Year one and all!
    Pictures pictures!!!!
    I took a second look at that video of the revolt...at the very end of that video you can see the board propped up on the car, the nose and tail are definitely longer and wider. You can tell it still has the same pop w/ concave, p-tex bumpter too and everything I'm so stoked haha show the goods this board looks delicious
    Last edited by akajambas; 01-17-2011 at 10:45 AM.
    Find something you can't live without

LY Peacemaker & butterballs

PF Heist, Gravity DK, Gravity MK.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Addicted Cruiser jackal_lantern's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Free Never Summer sweatshirt Fun-test

Alright Alright!
    In celebration of the increasing sunlight to support our stylish habit we've got a mighty fine photo fun-test... This here gorgeous sweatshirt is going out to the best all-around smooth photo that captures a little bit of funk and a whole lot of fun. The judging will be done subjectively by the two cats that live in the factory and the winner will be announced in one week, Sunday the 23rd... ALL submissions must be in by midnight on Saturday the 22nd of January and the sweatshirt will be shipped out on Monday the 24th.
    This isn't necessarily a contest of the gnarliest photo but rather the most fun; where the talent is derived from originality, composition, and sheer joy. Post them here and let's see what stank is out there...
    Attachment 56575

Attachment 56576

P.S. This sweatshirt is an XL...
    Quote Originally Posted by jackal_lantern View Post
    So smooothe...
    So...since I'm the only one who submitted a photo do I get the sweatshirt? My morning skate to school is pretty cold
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombsquad_Manny View Post
    DIY or DIE!
    Moonshine Longboards: distilling pure stoke!

Fresh Fish Never Summer Industries's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackal_lantern View Post
    So...since I'm the only one who submitted a photo do I get the sweatshirt? My morning skate to school is pretty cold
    Yo dude,

first of all, Waaaaaaay rad photo! Glad you're grooving out of your gourd down there... I'll be sure to pack this thing up and ship it off for you just message me an address and I'll send it into the trusty hands of the USPS...
    Are you mashing down university or blaine to get to school? If you're lounging in the inland empire you should go skate the baldy pipeline - it's always worth it...

cheers!
    NEVER SUMMER INDUSTRIES

Global Hedquarters:
    5077 Colorado Blvd.
    Denver, CO 80216

P:303.320.1813
    F:303.320.0771

Addicted Cruiser jackal_lantern's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo dude,

first of all, Waaaaaaay rad photo! Glad you're grooving out of your gourd down there... I'll be sure to pack this thing up and ship it off for you just message me an address and I'll send it into the trusty hands of the USPS...
    Are you mashing down university or blaine to get to school? If you're lounging in the inland empire you should go skate the baldy pipeline - it's always worth it...

cheers!
    Yep, ride down Blaine and Watkins everyday. Thanks for the sweatshirt, it kinda feels like I cheated, but I'll take it and wear it to death. Always loved your guy's products (snow and skate) and am glad to rep you guys and keep warm at the same time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombsquad_Manny View Post
    DIY or DIE!
    Moonshine Longboards: distilling pure stoke!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whens the new lineup coming out???
    Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.
    SPEEDBOARDING: because soccer, baseball, and basketball only require one ball.

quiver:
    2011 wolfie, 50 cals, butterballs, topshelves, flashbacks, CS RFs, or cult classics
    Comet ethos 37, converters/butterballs/topshelves, 44Cals, biltins
    Fullbag TS, RTX/RTS, EW roadrages
    2011 elise, 50* aera K3, flashies/bigzigs, super reds
    neversummer eclipse, paris 180, small 80A 4prez

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should be rolling out mid-spring... I'm guessing around early April. The catalog is done, shapes have been re-crafted and wheels are looking really tasty... I'll let it be known as soon as they can land under your feet.
    NEVER SUMMER INDUSTRIES

Global Hedquarters:
    5077 Colorado Blvd.
    Denver, CO 80216

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man, cant wait for the 2011 line up to come out,. especially the new 39" soldier TM. i have the the older descent and i am lovin it.. good work neversummer! respect all the way from the philippines

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many Thanks! I personally ride the 39'' Soldier and find it to be precisely what the doctor ordered for an all around slidey/masher. It can be used for agressive urban bombing here in San Franpsycho as well as canyon jams and mellow slopestylin... Keep your eyes peeled for the new wheels as the square-lipped line is designed with the soldier in mind. Rocked them at Maryhill and Ditchslap and they were beyond fluid!
    NEVER SUMMER INDUSTRIES

Global Hedquarters:
    5077 Colorado Blvd.
    Denver, CO 80216

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bought in October of '09, and my Heist has gnarly cracks at both of the dropthrough mounts ):

It was always run with shock pads and never ridden through puddles. The board was babied and always kept out of humidity to minimize chances of delamination. Is cracking at the mounts covered in the warranty?
    Quote Originally Posted by jar5173 View Post
    What trucks have the best lean for stringing together a sentence?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best
    Last edited by Joe Black; 07-10-2011 at 06:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katt Williams
    What do you think a "hater's" job is...to hate. If you have someone hating on you right now you better think of how to get 5 more people hating by Christmas. You need haters to make you stronger. Without haters most people wouldn't try to become better. Just tell them "b*tch u just hate me because you can't be me..."
    This is my longboard. It's made from wood, glue, varnish and paint. It can be used for transportation or violence. Either way it's good fun.

Addicted Cruiser ElevatedAgenda's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should be more careful posting pictures of cash until you learn about exif data.

I'd like to check out the Revolt. A symmetrical Soldier on a shorter wheelbase sounds like fun, and I assume that's what this board rides like. I've always been a fan of Never Summer's construction quality.

I set my Tyrant up with some slippery new wheels this morning:

Last edited by ElevatedAgenda; 07-10-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exchangeable image file format (Exif) is a standard that specifies the formats for images, sound, and ancillary tags used by digital cameras (including smartphones), scanners and other systems handling image and sound files recorded by digital cameras. The specification uses the following existing file formats with the addition of specific metadata tags: JPEG DCT for compressed image files, TIFF Rev. 6.0 (RGB or YCbCr) for uncompressed image files, and RIFF WAV for audio files (Linear PCM or ITU-T G.711 μ-Law PCM for uncompressed audio data, and IMA-ADPCM for compressed audio data).[1] It is not supported in JPEG 2000, PNG, or GIF.
    is this it?
    What do you think a "hater's" job is...to hate. If you have someone hating on you right now you better think of how to get 5 more people hating by Christmas. You need haters to make you stronger. Without haters most people wouldn't try to become better. Just tell them "b*tch u just hate me because you can't be me..."
    This is my longboard. It's made from wood, glue, varnish and paint. It can be used for transportation or violence. Either way it's good fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
    is this it?
    What is EXIF data?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that ****'s scary X_X

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can strip it... just be aware of it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any word on the 2012 line up?
    ff 2011 Landyachtz Battle Axe/ 72mm Mini Monster Hawgs/Abec 7s/LO.V.E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovin the V2 Norad and getting 2011 one as well since it was the first ever longboard that caught my eye (and I regret not pulling the trigger then and there). Else might invest into a Soldier TM to keep my quiver's variety going.
    -=http://skvoraltdphoto.com=-
    -=Alto Aggressor, Penny & Nickel, Never Summer Norad V2, Kracked Skulls M1, Freebord Corporate, Custom GBomb setup=-

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what do you guys all think of the line up for 2013?
    I've been finding it difficult to find information on it, as the website hasnt been updated yet. There's one store in Germany that seems to carry (almost?) the entire line up. Check it out never-summer-longboards.lassrollen.de (some of the new decks are on the second page)
    Some of the descriptions are not available in English but I do speak German so if you have any questions I'd be happy to help.

I must say that I'm not all too impressed with the new line up. I'm a huge fan of my 2011 Heist and of the overall quality of Never Summer boards, but the new decks don't really appeal to me. The shapes don't seem well thought out imo. It just seems like all the boards are pretty much supposed to be able to handle anything you throw at them, but they won't be particularly good at anything.
    Also I was thinking about getting the Revolt, but I'm not sure if it's even in the line up for 2013. Muirskate (Never Summer 2013 Revolt Longboard Skateboard Custom Complete | MuirSkate.com) list it as discontinued on their website, but maybe that's just because the board hasnt been officially released yet, so it's not discontinued, just not available as of yet. Otherwise it wouldnt make sense to have it there with a new graphic and slightly updated shape.

What are your thoughts? Would you be interested in getting any of the new boards?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NS has some of the best construction imo but their main focus has always been snowboards. So sadly, their shapes aren't updated. They should really get invested in SF if they want to make a stance. I was interested in getting the updated version of the norad for cruising...but it looks like they stopped making that model. Pretty bummed, looks like I'll have to buy a 2012 soon.
    Find something you can't live without

LY Peacemaker & butterballs

PF Heist, Gravity DK, Gravity MK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just saw the new 40" hooligan and 42" deviant. i'm in love. those are my kinda boards. double drop, symmetrical and DK'd. sick!
    SKATEVEGGIE

Selling/trading trucks, decks, wheels for DK's and bushings!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS