ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bushings for Randall RII

I recently acquired some Randall RII 42* in a trade, and I have trouble with them while riding my normal venom bushings set up on them. They move out of the bushing seat constantly, and feel extremely loose. Are there any brands that offer bushings that will fit my randals better? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Silverfish Longboarding mobile app

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Bushings for Randall RII

Bump, I have the same issue with my otang nipples on my RIIs

Addicted Cruiser Dumdumjerkface's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went with venom dh barrels all around on my 42* they squish out of the seat on the roadside hangar, not enough to notice riding, only bothersome if you look at it. They feel stable but responsive. Lots o lean and spring back to center.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because of the rake and the 42* angle they need a harder duro than what you would otherwise ride, ie: my caliber 44 i use 90 or 91 shr venoms in 50's id use 88a shr's and in my 42* randals I use 93a venom barrels. Go one or two bushing steps up compared to if you were riding 50 or 45ish

Hooba, nipples are really soft anyways, main reason I never tried them...

What kind of person *are* you? Order of the 'Fish cawlin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never had issues with venoms in my randals. They always fit pretty well.

Is your pivot cup in good shape?

Like others have said, try bumping up your durometer of the bushings if you were previously skating 50* trucks.

Addicted Cruiser UndeadUnicorn1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khiro fits pretty good, it's not always perfect but it squishes in fine. Blood orange works well as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I didn't put the hanger in enough so the bushing was popping out, thanks guys. Also do you guys know what degree the truck changes when the hanger is flipped?

Sent from my iPhone using Silverfish Longboarding mobile app

A Heaping Helping Of Boner Pie Order of the 'Fish bucksaw87's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Venom bottom, Khiro top.

All day, every day.
    yes, an uber-grippy, square-lipped slalom wheel IS the best for sliding
    Quote Originally Posted by xjason11x View Post
    Jeeze people weren't joking when they said the fish was rough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Randal Skateboard Trucks - Made In America Since 1978

This has any info you would need about angles and such for flipping the hanger.

As for bushings that work well as a replacement. I believe I heard somewhere that the Venom Barrical bushings work well in the RIIs.

https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/...ings-Pack.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have Barricals on my Randalls.
    They fit great!
    WE CREATED TOMORROW AND LIVE IN YOUR IMAGINATION - WE WILL NEVER DIE "UR"

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. -Bill Hicks-

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...Bumping this thread since I have the exact same question:

A bit late to the party, but I finally got ahold of a pair of Randal RII 180 42° for a Hellcat that was previously set up with Bears (52/40° split). They're the newer RIIs with the stock white Kush barricals. Whereas with Bears using just about any baseplate/bushing setup I have a nice solid center, I can't seem to get any kind of center on these Randals -- riding them is like balancing on a tightrope.

What is going on? Is this normal 42° RII behavior? Do the stock bushings just suck in Randals? (the Kush bushings work amazing in Gunmetals, and have a very strong center). Should I flip the hangers? Use small cup washers? TBH I'm about to give up on these and go back to my Bears

Any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loafy View Post
    ...Bumping this thread since I have the exact same question:

A bit late to the party, but I finally got ahold of a pair of Randal RII 180 42° for a Hellcat that was previously set up with Bears (52/40° split). They're the newer RIIs with the stock white Kush barricals. Whereas with Bears using just about any baseplate/bushing setup I have a nice solid center, I can't seem to get any kind of center on these Randals -- riding them is like balancing on a tightrope.

What is going on? Is this normal 42° RII behavior? Do the stock bushings just suck in Randals? (the Kush bushings work amazing in Gunmetals, and have a very strong center). Should I flip the hangers? Use small cup washers? TBH I'm about to give up on these and go back to my Bears

Any help would be appreciated.
    42s require higher duro bushing compared to 50s, it's just the geometry. I like to keep the Kush RS w' flat washer, and pop 93 venom barricals BS with the narrow end to the hanger with a cupped washer. It will give you tons of return to center and resistance deep in the lean. Don't flip the hangers, unless you really want to deaden the ride in the rear. I also use the Kush BS on Indy's, fits perfect. They need tweaking, but once dialed in are amazing!
    "So precisely, your head fits into the smallest of diameters."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks,

I cranked the kingpins down even more and it seems to have helped. I flipped the kingpins too, I figure this is a no-brainer mod for Randals just like it is for Gunmetals.
    On most setups I like to keep the kingpin nut flush with the end of the kingpin (or max 1 thread showing) -- if I tighten them down more the bushings start to look very unhappy and deformed. On the Randals I tightened them down so much there are 3-4 threads showing and they seem better, but it freaks me out to see that many threads showing. I'll try some higher duro barricals/eliminators boardside to see if those help, but I don't have any on hand atm.

How do you fit the Kushes on Indys? Do you remove the bottom (large) washer, or do a kingpin mod? Do you mod the bushing at all?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loafy View Post
    Thanks,

I cranked the kingpins down even more and it seems to have helped. I flipped the kingpins too, I figure this is a no-brainer mod for Randals just like it is for Gunmetals.
    On most setups I like to keep the kingpin nut flush with the end of the kingpin (or max 1 thread showing) -- if I tighten them down more the bushings start to look very unhappy and deformed. On the Randals I tightened them down so much there are 3-4 threads showing and they seem better, but it freaks me out to see that many threads showing. I'll try some higher duro barricals/eliminators boardside to see if those help, but I don't have any on hand atm.

How do you fit the Kushes on Indys? Do you remove the bottom (large) washer, or do a kingpin mod? Do you mod the bushing at all?
    I've got the forged DH Indy plates. I use a thin flat washer BS, the stepped end fits into the hanger real nice and easy. I think I have ultrasoft like 82a reflex barrels RS.

Oh yeah I always replace the Randal kingpin w/ a Khiro, threads RS (reduces slop) and have tall kingpin nuts from the hardware store so they're flush/little thread showing.
    "So precisely, your head fits into the smallest of diameters."

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS