ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Longboarding Isle Of Wight

Is anyone a longboarder on the isle of wight? Or know anyone on the island that is a longboarder?

I'm looking for poeple to skate with over here, just moved here for the summer and have found some wicked roads on the cliffs (military road) and also some really nice 25% roads in ventnor.

If anyone in the family lives here or has friends that live here can they get in touch and we can go out and ride.

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Longboarding Isle Of Wight

I am cruising around in the portsmouth/southsea area, me and my mates are always scouting for new places, and the island is only across the hovercraft
    Dervish Flex 2 - Randal r2 180mm - Green Big Zigs - Shifty Abec 9's.
    Aquacar drivers should be culled. Damn taxis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IceTrey View Post
    I am cruising around in the portsmouth/southsea area, me and my mates are always scouting for new places, and the island is only across the hovercraft
    Yea man the island has some cool spots, you guys would arrive at ryde from portmouth then there is ventnor down the road which has the steep hills, and some other spots dotted around the island, best to bring a car here as things are spread out over the island.
    I ride mostly down hill, on a hard no flex drop through deck, I have riden a dervish down some of the hills here but once you break the 35mph mark dervishes start to twitch a bit and can give some big wobbles.

But i think we could work some thing out, if you guys are planning a trip let me know and if i'm not working i will come and meet you guys. I work generally when the weather nice though as i'm a paraglider instructor so this can clash with good skate days?!

Aidan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a group of young freebord/mountainboarders that hit those hills reguarly. Look up Marco-Mark-IOW on the freebord forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get an account at Longboard-Sessions.co.uk - so much fun you'll sh*t yourself It's a uk based website that I may or may not run which helps UK skaters find and skate with each other. BOOM
    Longboard-Sessions.co.uk - UK Longboarding

Canterballs-Longboarding.co.uk - Shredding near Canterbury

DangerousDecks.co.uk - lifting the gloom from an increasingly restricted, post finacial-apocalypse Britain

UrsusIllustration.com - Hand painted atire est. 1984

Heretic Trucks - Question everything you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mostly skate in Ryde coz that's where I live, although I do commute in Pompey (but am fed up with being chased by dogs on the common)

I skate along the sea front from the harbour towards Puckpool, and occasionally I'll skate along to the pub in Seaview, while the wife and kids go on their bikes. Mostly soul skating late at night, but am trying to get to grips with skrogging and pumping.

Would really like to get into some sliding/downhill, but my skate experience is limited to a few years back in the 70's and 80's so my skills are pretty ropey! I also need to get some pads before I try anything too fancy (I have and wear a helmet, you don't bounce so well after 40)

If there's a get together, I'd love to come along and meet some more (long)skaters and maybe pick up a tip or two

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is isle of wight a good place to ride for a beginner?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, just wondering if there's a longboarding scene on the Isle of Wight? should be over there sometime this Easter or definitely in the summer. I live in Southsea and my dad is quite the sailor so we sail over there frequently, looking forward to meeting some people to skate with

Live your life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo, I know this thread is like 7 years old but... Weather is sick over on the island now and want people to go skate with. My mate i used to skate with decided to go to the marines instead of skate, jokes on him.

Based in Cowes but willing to travel to skate and learn a thing or two as not that great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oxencube View Post
    Yo, I know this thread is like 7 years old but... Weather is sick over on the island now and want people to go skate with. My mate i used to skate with decided to go to the marines instead of skate, jokes on him.

Based in Cowes but willing to travel to skate and learn a thing or two as not that great.

Hey, going to vestas thursday 1st September. Email me if you wanna come , crabraptorjesus@gmail.com

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS